Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I crashed my bike recently and there is this small dent in the frame that has been made by the bar end. Has anybody else had this happen when their bike has gone down? Is there any fix? Can it be filled, sprayed over and made to look original?

·
Powerhungry
38,138 Posts
hey..wth are u doing taking a pics of MY bike?:D

its pretty common..even from just falling over. the set screw breaks, and the clip-on spins a bit..and tags the frame. did u straighten the clip-on already?

im sure it could be filled yeh.
i dont mind mine. its been that way for the last 2.5 yrs....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would assume that if you ruffed up the area pretty well and applied some bondo and took your time with sanding it down and painting it it could look pretty good, as long as there are no adverse effects from the frame being dented.

·
Registered
218 Posts
don't fill it you will just add unneeded weight. the only thing that it will hurt is the resale value. Mine is the same way. I hate looking at it. So I have learned not to.

·
Registered
594 Posts
ITS A BATTLE SCAR.....JUST SHOWS GIRLS UR A REAL MAN....i got the same on on the same side...matching stickers on both sides if u really cant deal with it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Fools like you make me check frames extra close when buying bikes. I would hope you would inform a buyer of what you had done to it.

·
Powerhungry
38,138 Posts
Fools like you make me check frames extra close when buying bikes. I would hope you would inform a buyer of what you had done to it.
fools?
how so?
it hurts NOTHING to have a DENT. its not a bent frame..its a dent, thats ALL.

oh..do u mean having it filled/repainted?
then yes, def that needs to be disclosed upon selling it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I had mine filled and painted. Looks brand new.
Was the whole frame painted? or did they manage match the colour to the rest of the frame? Nice bike btw, it looks awesome in white.

I'm not planning on selling my bike anytime soon and I am only thinking of fixing the dent because I like to keep my bikes looking nice. But like nevada said it's only a little dent, if it was repaired to a high standard then it's no problem......hardly a fool for wanting it repaired.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ITS A BATTLE SCAR.....JUST SHOWS GIRLS UR A REAL MAN....i got the same on on the same side...matching stickers on both sides if u really cant deal with it.
Yeah people tend to ask how you got the BATTLE SCARS, the frame dent goes nice with my tank dent :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts