Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?]Hey I recently wrecked the bike and i was wondering?? My frame is dented in 2 spots 1. Right on the throttle side near the Kawasaki emblem that is riveted on. 2. Near the neck as if you were to turn the wheel all the way to the right and notice the gap between the frame and the fork right there it is dented. Can i fix the bike and ride it with the dents or does that weaken the frame somehow? I dont believe it twisted at all and i know it didnt crack? So what i am asking is would it be safe to ride with a slighty dented frame?[?][?]

·
Registered
399 Posts
it would be wise to start searching for a new frame denting it is one thing, then you ahve to fix it and having it fixed will weaken the frame some more.theenn say you feal like drivin 100+ then you start noticeing yer shit vibrates, doesnt steer right.....get a new one!

·
Registered
367 Posts
if you get it on a jig and make sure every single point on the frame lines up the way it should from the factory (or even better) then yes it will

of course sometimes its not economically feasible to bother getting it done if its really bad....

but frames are not rocket science

·
Registered
876 Posts
Originally posted by NinetySix
if you get it on a jig and make sure every single point on the frame lines up the way it should from the factory (or even better) then yes it will

of course sometimes its not economically feasible to bother getting it done if its really bad....

but frames are not rocket science
[:Stupid]

thats what mine looked like when I started repairing the bike, and you could never tell now. also I've had it up to at least 150 and no shakes at all. and I've let my hands off over 100 and still no shakes.

so to each his own I guess, but in my opinion I would repair everything but the frame, and take it for a ride, only then will you know if its going to be worth fixing. make sure you ride with fairings on because it could shake from the airflow if you ride without. just my .02

·
Registered
367 Posts
hell, i still havnt even fixed my frame yet, but ive had it looked at.... ive done about 5000km of pretty wild riding since then too ;) absolutely no shakes or anything... the bars are ever so slightly out of alignment tho, but im putting that down to possibly bent forks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.