Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellow riders,

I'm new here and a senior student at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Currently working on my senior project, which is innovating motorcycle foot protection and would love to hear some of your guy's thoughts!

1. Would you buy a slip on exoskeleton type armor for your foot that you can wear over regular shoes?

2. What are your thoughts on having a protective boot thats attached to your motorcycle?

3. What would be the deciding factor in buying a product like this.

Any feedback and thoughts about this concept is greatly appreciated and will be given credit in my thesis! THANK YOU:Bike:

·
Registered
203 Posts
This is a somewhat interesting idea, but I doubt it can be done better or more cost effectively than what's available in a proper motorcycle shoe. They're not like super-cheap, but they're also not that much more than what you have to pay for regular shoes. My last pair of regular shoes cost me about $100 and you can find motorcycle specific boots for less than that. Or good ones for just a bit more.

But, as a project, it's interesting, perhaps you'll figure out a better option. When it comes to motorcycle footwear, it needs to allow the ankle to move front and back, with minimal twisting. It should provide some provision for skid plates and reflectors and needs to be somewhat water resistant.

I could see a 2 or 3 piece design where the ankle either pivots or has room in the front to allow forward movement and the bottom part of the skeleton could flex a bit and stretch/compress.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!
Yea I was afraid of that and makes sense why theres nothing like that on the market now. The whole concept I was thinking was making it more convenient for riders to carry their boots or have foot protection without having to change out regular shoes. Appreciate the feedback🙏

1 - 3 of 3 Posts