Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R-636 and the bike was stolen from me twice which led to the thief's busting the ignition. I wired it up (with a 100ohm resistor) and I've ridden fine for a year now. A few days ago I rode to the store and when I went to leave the bike wouldn't start, now I'm at
the point where I have zero power at all, no gauges, no lights, no clock, nothing. I've checked every single fuse and every fuse is fine, this being my only vehicle I'm 100% lost. I used a test light to test the ignition wires since it's wired to a switch and I have power there, but when testing power to the fuses I dont have power to the ECU fuse but the neighbors have knocked on my door while this bike is sitting untouched to tell me that my dash lights are on, but for the life of me I can't get them on, I can't get power anywhere, and every single fuse under the rear seat and the main
30amp fuse is fine. I'm desperate at this point. I've checked over the harness for breaks, I've checked all fuses, I've verified that I have power going to my ignition "Switch" as it's wired to a switch since being stolen from me. I've gone over every wire from the headlight to the tail light and
the fuses a thousand times and I cannot get power to this bike. It was roughed up pretty bad when stolen but this is my only means of transportation and it has ran fine for the past year. The only mods are a Yoshi RS5 slip on. I have no shame, I'm desperate, I'm begging for help. Hours of searching the Kawasaki forum, searching Google, asking around to our local "mechanics" has gotten me nowhere. So please, I beggeth, someone please tell me where to begin or that they've experienced this. I recently lost my job so paying a shop isn't an option and I have my 2nd interview Monday and this is my only way there, as stated, I'm beyond desperate.

·
Registered
2008 Harley Davidson XL1200c. 1999 custom Honda cmx250. 1997 zx600e
8 Posts
Its most likely a ground. Unfortunately this means looking the entire bike over. Start by turning key to on position and trying to jump the starter. Connect a lead from the positive terminal directly to the starter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts