Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought these and thought I would take some pics as I installed them since they are a little more complex than some of the other sliders I had used before. Also their instructions are kind of hard to follow so thought anyone thinking about buying these might like this post. They seem pretty sturdy and good quality. They involve no fairing mods, but are time consuming to install. I think they look really nice though. I got the carbon fiber ones, let me know what you all think.

Right side - after removing middle fairing:

Right side - you need to remove the metal brackets labelled 1 and 2

Right side - next remove this metal piece (3). You will discard this piece and replace it with the LSL bracket. Use the factory bolts.

Right side - after removing (3) and replacing it witht he LSL bracket (4). They also supply a holder for your clutch cable (5)

Right side - replace the two metal brackets (6)

Right side - after fairing replaced

view of the puck

Right side final

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the left side (easier actually)...

Left side - remove fairing and remove coolant bottle, also remove bolts (2) and (3)

Left side - place LSL bracket over the area where you just removed bolts (2,3). New bolts supplied.

Left Side - Replace coolant bottle over the bracket

Left Side - replace fairing

Left Side - Finished

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Actually I'm from Fort Collins. I have been missing Colorado cause it won't stop raining here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
gnance i'm actually going to be up in foco tonight! and the weather is awesome you wouldn't mind meeting up and riding would you? I know some chicks up there that absolutely cream themselves for bikes.... let me know. its thursday sept 14th. at 5:06 man. Also would you mind if i copied and pasted your write up to my blog as a backup?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry man, I am in Alaska right now. I have been here for 1 year after being in Fort Collins for about 8 years. I really wish I was back in colorado now though cause I'm getting tired of all the damn rain here. I might be moving back after January though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.