Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I do this? Do the fuel pumps require the full 12 volts? I hooked up the pump to a 12v spower source, it pumped. I hooked it up to a 6v source, nothing. Checked the voltage it is recieving incircuit... 8.4 volts. Relay has a resistance ov 1 ohm I believe... checked with an ohmmeter. I didnt know it was supposed to have resistance... or is it? please help!

Rob

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Chances are you can go to a parts store and find one that does the exact same thing for a bit cheaper.

BC.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You should, unless you removed it yourself.
Follow the fuel line from the tank to the carbs.

BC.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so how do I check this thing with a meter or something? What kinda readings should I get from it in termms of resistance? Thanks

·
Registered
999 Posts
I took the fuel pump off. I was just letting you know it will work without one if you had to run the bike. I dont run one for stunts.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
It will work without one, you just can't use the bottom part of the tank, and wind up not having any reserve....

Whatever floats your boat.
BC.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bringin this back up for guy asking about the relay... i changed the relay and it started only cuz there was fuel in the carbs... then it died again cuz it wasnt getting any more fuel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.