Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took the long way home since this week is like super good weather down here.

I got pretty close to home when I'm rolling down a street and a fedex driver, in a big truck, slowly passes me, but he's braking. We were going like 60mph and I don't stick around for big vehicles to act stupid so I left off and let him get just a little more ahead when he turns his blinker on, already halfway into my lane. I saw his face in his damn mirror and gave him the "WTF?" arms, and I guess that scared him cause he swerved over and I thought he was gonna roll the truck.

Then he slows down and waves to me and I just nod but keep going, I'm in traffic dude, pay attention. Then I turn and he turns too and at the stop light he opens his window, honks his horn to get my attention and says "sorry bro". I waved and said it's cool.

Now, hadn't I been paying attention to him, that could have been a really close call, but I was way ahead of him anywho. I thought about it later and it's just sad that it was first time somebody really facked up towards me as a motorcyclist, and it was this guys job, to drive. Plus I'm sure the only reason he was being so apologetic (sp?) was because of the giant "hows my driving" sticker on his truck.

Oh well sorry for rambling, I'm sick and bored.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
haha I love this post.. That's why I work for UPS corporate !!!!!!!!!!!! We preach safety at UPS. Watch for cycles and children. Our trucks don't even have how's my driving stickers because our drivers are great!!!

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,495 Posts
Originally posted by Chicagois2
haha I love this post.. That's why I work for UPS corporate !!!!!!!!!!!! We preach safety at UPS. Watch for cycles and children. Our trucks don't even have how's my driving stickers because our drivers are great!!!
Yeah, but I swear your trucks can't go over 40mph. It takes FOREVER for something to get across the country shipped Ground.

And Trig...what does this have to do with DHL? lol

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by dragknt

Yeah, but I swear your trucks can't go over 40mph. It takes FOREVER for something to get across the country shipped Ground.

And Trig...what does this have to do with DHL? lol
Lol, there was a post in "off topic" about how DHL can't deliver shit right. So I was just giving a comparison for future references.

No wonder FedEx gets there packages cross country so fast. [:0]

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,495 Posts
Originally posted by trig

Lol, there was a post in "off topic" about how DHL can't deliver shit right. So I was just giving a comparison for future references.

No wonder FedEx gets there packages cross country so fast. [:0]
Yeah...if the USPS had better tracking, I'd be all about it...they're by far the fastest and cheapest. FedEx gets the package to the destination real damn fast, then it sits in their warehouse for a week or two while they give you hourly updates each time the guy who's responsible for it picks his nose or scratches his ass. lol

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Trig -

Don't get jaded so young, lol. He might have actually felt bad about it. It's been known to happen, and maybe he might be more aware of us from now on (don't count on it though - keep on watching everyone)...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
lol....i've been in one of our trucks. They get up to 80 mph lol

Why's it take so long to get across the country ground? Because stuff has to be moved across the country in a feeder (semi-truck) not a little brown package car. They don't make an extra trip just for your shipment, they have usually one load per day going to each destination. Basically, the majority of your ship time is the package being in a building being sorted at each building it goes to...and that usually adds a day to in-transit, per stop.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
A little OT but along the same lines...

On my ride from Jersey to DC, I was around Baltimore on I-95 behind this SUV. We were on I-95 but its almost like a bridge because the highway goes above ground. Anyway, we're goin along in the left lane and I see this SUV drift off to the left. He keeps going and gets within 2 feet of the cement dividers (which stopped you from falling hundreds of feet to the ground) before violently swerving back into the left lane.

I thought he was gonna roll right over...my heart skipped a beat when I saw him swerve back over. Was probably changing CDs or texting on his phone....dick head.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
you def. have to keep a close eye out for all those damned cage drivers out there. ride safe, the seasons almost over, dont need to crash now.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,495 Posts
Originally posted by joonyaboy

we gotta feel good about ourselves somehow
LMAO so true!

Damn, it really has been great out yesterday and this morning, though. I could -almost- see my breath last night at like midnight. Perfect riding weather is just around the corner. Can't wait. hehehe :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.