Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid $4400 walking out the door with a new 09 250r and a free extra 12 months of warranty. I also got 20% off of a helmet and riding jacket.

I'm just curious as to where I stand in relation to what others paid. I'm happy with the deal regardless, of course. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got my "09 in April of last year for $4700 with 20% off of anything else that I bought that day. I had to order my bike-I wanted all black- and it took forever to come in. I wouldn't have cared if I paid more either, I just wanted the bike. As long as you're happy with it-ENJOY! Congrats on your new ride :D

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I paid $4400 walking out the door with a new 09 250r and a free extra 12 months of warranty. I also got 20% off of a helmet and riding jacket.

I'm just curious as to where I stand in relation to what others paid. I'm happy with the deal regardless, of course. :)
Kawasaki offers 12 months free, for ALL bikes new, so thats not much.

Its an OK price, but you didn't get a deal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kawasaki offers 12 months free, for ALL bikes new, so thats not much.

Its an OK price, but you didn't get a deal.

Well they tacked on an extra 12 months. I have 24 months of warranty all together.

I'm happy with my purchase. Very happy. I would have paid more to be honest lol. I just wanted to see where I stood :).

·
Registered
494 Posts
i paid 3650 otd on a brand spankin new 08 250r...
maybe your 09 was worth that much more... ;)

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts

Not a good deal to me.

I understand the need to be reassured that you got a good deal, but don't expect to hear only that on a forum of motorcyclists. We (motorcyclists in general) are some of the cheapest/tightest people that I've ever encountered. Add to that the power of free information provided via the internet, and several people will always find several better deals.

Since you are happy with your purchase, you shouldn't care what we say.

Ride safe!!

--Cobra

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not a good deal to me.

--Cobra
Have you found a better deal? I have been to multiple dealers to get quotes over the last few months and have been marking down every single sale that has been mentioned on this and others. I have been watching craigslist like a hawk as well at items that are selling to compare the new vs used prices.

Needless to say my research says that $4,400, out the door, is around $3,800 for the bike and is a reasonable price to pay. The average 09 otd, from everything I have seen over the last 3 months of research is 4,700 so 4,400 is a good deal. It is something, if you walk into the right dealer, you can get without haggling granted but it is still a reasonable price in comparison to everything I have tracked.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Have you found a better deal? I have been to multiple dealers to get quotes over the last few months and have been marking down every single sale that has been mentioned on this and others. I have been watching craigslist like a hawk as well at items that are selling to compare the new vs used prices.

Needless to say my research says that $4,400, out the door, is around $3,800 for the bike and is a reasonable price to pay. The average 09 otd, from everything I have seen over the last 3 months of research is 4,700 so 4,400 is a good deal. It is something, if you walk into the right dealer, you can get without haggling granted but it is still a reasonable price in comparison to everything I have tracked.
I have not found a better deal on a 250. I am not and have not looked for 250s. Also, I doubt that I'll ever buy a new bike, so I'm not in that arena either. The reason that I typed "not a good deal to me" is because that's what I meant. It's not a good deal to me. I'm sorry. I should have been more clear.

If you are so certain that all of your research is spot on and that you did in fact get a good deal......don't post on a worldwide forum asking if you did. Post up and boast about your "great deal".

--Cobra

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
43,693 Posts
I haven't seen a deal this bad since the Boston Red Sox let Babe Ruth go to the Yankees for $100K!!!
Just kidding. I'm with Dwillits. I don't buy from dealers and I'm not nor ever have priced 250s. I'd like to have one though just for the fun of it. ;) Congrats on the new bike and enjoy it. Ride safe!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Well they tacked on an extra 12 months. I have 24 months of warranty all together.

I'm happy with my purchase. Very happy. I would have paid more to be honest lol. I just wanted to see where I stood :).
That extra 12 months translates to about 70 dollars. I think its around 300-400 for an extra 5 years.

Its a deal. Not a good deal. :p Like Dwillits said, there will always be a better deal.

The pre-08 Ninja 250's are going for 3100-3300 depending on condition/miles at a local private-dealer. Thats insane seeing the MSRP for those bikes was like 2999.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Depends on your area too.

Good value is all perceived, so as long as you feel you did well, that's all that matters. Are there better deals out there? Always. So find one that makes you smile and enjoy your ride

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Depends on your area too.

Good value is all perceived, so as long as you feel you did well, that's all that matters. Are there better deals out there? Always. So find one that makes you smile and enjoy your ride
+1

Again, joonyaboy reads like Mark Hoyer. (I mean that as a huge compliment)

--Cobra

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have not found a better deal on a 250. I am not and have not looked for 250s. Also, I doubt that I'll ever buy a new bike, so I'm not in that arena either. The reason that I typed "not a good deal to me" is because that's what I meant. It's not a good deal to me. I'm sorry. I should have been more clear.

If you are so certain that all of your research is spot on and that you did in fact get a good deal......don't post on a worldwide forum asking if you did. Post up and boast about your "great deal".

--Cobra
I didn't create the post. I am sure the poster is excited that you have never done research on buying a 250 though.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Just be happy with watch you got man. Where your from and nearby shops also counts into price. You bought the bike so just be happy with what you got because if you go looking for reasons to be upset and feel like you didn't do well then it'll just ruin your day. Be happy you are able to get such a great thing. Many people out there in the world can only dream to get such an item. I did the same thing you did and I found I got a decent good deal. Not the best but good for my area. Then just told myself not to take it for granted. Never owned nothing new for vehicles in my life till now and it was a small dream for me which I'm happy to say has been an achieved goal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts