Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the whole woodcraft thing got me thinking. 1st. Why can Woodcraft not make any?? I mean it they have the technology to do it. So I went in search for an answer. And have pretty much found one.

I am going to try it when I get back from the races this weekend, although I'd love to now but I just don't have the material right now. But what I have found is that I think I can lower about 45mm or roughly 1.75 inches. Plus giving you a better feel for what the front end is doing by having the clipons attached to the forks. The way it can be done is by taking SV650S stock clipons and putting Brass shims on the inside of the clip on to make up the difference. I'm sure they could actually develop this but I will try on my own and report back. The pic at the bottom is a pic of SV650S clipons.

Secondly I went to Race-Tech's site to look for some springs and emulators. Well after looking for the springs I noticed that they had the springs being the same ones for the 07's. Now the Pre-Gens are 36mm and the 08+ are 37mm. I actually called them and got some chick to confirm that the 07's and the 08's are the same springs. But they are not. That's a very small amount but it's not the springs that would concern me. It's the emulators. But........... I did find that the EX500's springs and emulators are 37mm. So before you just go taking either the websites word for it I hope you read this post.

I'll keep you guys updated on the progress of the Clipons starting next week. Prolly gonna do it Tuesday. Wish me luck!

Reactions: VeX

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No didn't ask because they told me the Pre-Gens and the 08's were the same. Didn't really think about it after that. That was a couple of days ago when I called and I just realized this tonight.

I actaully also took my Woodcraft SV650 Bars and checked where they would be if they were on. I tried them regular and upside down to see if they would work.

Regular fit.

Opposite side basically making them upside down and curve slightly up.

Difference between stock and upsidedown ones.

Reactions: rockjunkie

·
Registered
260 Posts
You sir are onto something, I will follow this thread very closely... how is the clearance when you get close to the tank?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cajuntlr,

Glad to see I’m not the only one in the hunt for lower handlebar for this next gen. 250R. I’ve contact Convertibar and Speigler in regards to this setup. I’ve tried to convince them that the ROI is there for profit. The one I’m going to experiment with is the LSL sport clip-ons off set match.

http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/clipon.cfm

Looks like we are going for the same type of clip-ons. Keep up the great work, I will keep you posted on my experiment when I get a set of clip-ons delievered.

Reps for you for trying

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah those look like they might work. But you'll have to shim them because they only go to 41mm. I'm either thinking about shimming them or shaving off where the bolt goes through.

Yeah keep us posted!

·
Registered
58 Posts
cajuntlr,

Any luck on installing a clip-ons? I've been trying to get a set of the LSL sent to the local distributor shop. I wanted to see a set on hand for possible fit.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This would be very cool if you could get this going... You are ground breakers here!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts