Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I said F-ck it. And made my own. Turned out well. Will cash in some favors and put it on a dyno soon. Its just a slip on so I dont expect much if any gain. Just want to ease some minds of guys who want to buy them from me. ;)

Pics.

first attempt

didnt line up. shitty, etc.

reworked it two more times, but Ill just fast forward to now ;)

The angle of the tips looks extreme but when its on its not at all. Not even noticeable so I didnt feel like fixing it and hacking it up more.

looks and sounds great. My buddies welds dont look great, but Im no better.. haha and I wrapped it so you cant see em anyways. Functionality > looks... haha

Anyways Im happy with it!

One thing I like about mine is that its SHORTER. Everyone always wants to shorten their can... welp. No need now. I made it short to begin with :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uhhh.

No they arent...

Wait time is only like 3 months though instead of 6 now. haha.

But I am aware of the heat issue. I have heat wrapped it and will be monitoring it throughout my rides.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still no ECU melting problems... ;)

but since the sales of them havent been as good as I had hoped I still havent dynoed it. And I may be selling my bike too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Does the pinebox only include the slip on at the top? What about the downpipe side portion that goes down to the header? I noticed some of the slip ons also include that piece which supposedly makes it louder. My bike came with a yoshimura which appears only to be the end can at the top, I was curious if there is a place to buy just that downpipe piece that might open up the exhaust sound more. Unless there is nothing in that downtube that blocks the sound that is...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts