Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've ridden my friends '00 ZX7R back to back with my 6RR(I know it's not a 636 but hey),and to say,they're totally different.I know it's the motor up front,but the way the bike isn't as flickable and using more of your body to turn is also where you can tell.The 7R also feels alot lower and longer too.But honestly thats my first impression,I personally don't have that much time on my buddy's bike.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I owned 1993 ZX7. Bike was heavy but super stable. Was my first bike so the ZX6R feels much better. Lighter and faster. Back pain and neck and wrist on the ZX7. ZX6 is a total joy. People ask why I went to a 600. Faster, cheaper, more comfortable. I will say the ZX7 was more planted at 512 lbs wet. Turn was super wide; I must of had skills because I passed my road test on that monster. People thought I was crazy. I like the uniqueness of the 7, deep down wish I still had it. It was more race than the 6. Oh well 6 is better over all; ahh gee now you got me thinking about my 7

Originally posted by Ward

Has anyone ever ridden both how is it?

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
MY buddy had an 02 7R, and he really liked it, but was parted from it due to a non-signaling van.. they wrote it off, and he got a 03 6RR.
From what he's said, he notices the midrange loss a lot, but the handling makes up for it. He can wheelie his 6RR very well, and while he never got his knee down on his 7R, he did it within a few weeks on the 6RR.
Overall I think he's happier with the 6RR, hopefully he'll join the board soon and post his thoughts..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I've ridden my friends 00 7R. One thing I noticed was the LOOOOOOONG reach to the bars compared to my 00 6R. I felt like I was being streched on the rack :)
The bike also felt very heavy at slow speeds or at a stop. I didn't really get to do much high-speed twisties on it.

For me personally, I'll stick with the 6R. But MANY people swear by the 7R due to the fact that it is rock-stable in turns.

DT

·
Registered
348 Posts
I tradede in my 00 ZX7 on a 03 636. I personally felt the 7 was more comfortable then the 6. It was also worlds ahead in terms of stability. I had done quite a bit of work to mine so the power to weight ration was about even between the two. The 6 is a much tighter package, it just feel like the same amoount of bike stuffed in to a smaller frame if that makes any sense. All in all I am more pleased with the 6. I did love the looks of the 7 though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.