Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know most aftermarket parts I can get for the zx6r from 2000-2002 (and some 1998-00) will fit on the 05-06 zzr600 no probs. However, I was looking at some specs on sportrider.com the other day and saw that they weighed the 2000-02 zx6r's in as at or just over 400 pounds dry. However the specs on our bikes say 377 dry. Was wondering if there are any serious differences there. Just lighter materials on our bikes? The only noticable cosmetic differences I see is the front fairing support (the bars coming down over the handlebars).

Also different dyno runs showed varying HP ratings, with 2002 being the highest. Also I have the 2000-2002 service manual pdf and everythig looks identical to my bike. hasn't steered me wrong yet, So, what's the deal?
http://sportrider.com/bikes/146_performance_numbers/index5.html
http://sportrider.com/tech/146_weights_measurements/index5.html

bret

·
Registered
164 Posts
its worth noting that the 02 was a 636 which explains the higher hp ratings for that year. the fairing stays are pretty much the only part that changed from the 00-02 to the zzr. the only other part that is questionable that changed or not is the header. supposedly the 00-02 didnt have a catalytic converter like the zzr does. I noticed while surfing for parts that dynojet sells a separate jet kit for the zzr that is basically the same except it uses different jet sizes which would support the belief that the pipes are a little different.....

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by pmkls1
its worth noting that the 02 was a 636 which explains the higher hp ratings for that year. the fairing stays are pretty much the only part that changed from the 00-02 to the zzr. the only other part that is questionable that changed or not is the header. supposedly the 00-02 didnt have a catalytic converter like the zzr does. I noticed while surfing for parts that dynojet sells a separate jet kit for the zzr that is basically the same except it uses different jet sizes which would support the belief that the pipes are a little different.....
The 02 was only 636 outside of North America. In Canada/USA we got the 599 02 6R.

·
Registered
164 Posts
OIC I thought something was a little funny there but everything I have ever seen a pic of for 02 said 636 on it, my bad. Anyhow do you know anything about the headers ?cuz that is the only explanation I was given as to why dynojet had a separate jet kit for the zzr where everyone else claims their kit works on both.

·
Registered
532 Posts
why would it matter about stock headers b/c dyno jet kits are designed to be used with aftermarket pipes anyways. i think the carbs maybe slightly different or something but i would put money that an 02 jet kit would work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.