Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I am due a battery replacement on my 2015 Er6n.
As yuasa batteries get kinda expensive here in India, someone recommended I go for one of the more common brands here.

When I looked up the battery specifications, the battery in question has a lower capacity than the stock yuasa battery.
Exide battery :- 8ah
Yuasa battery :- 10.5ah
(Both operate at 12V)

if I replace the battery with one of lower capacity, will it have any serious drawbacks?

I don’t use the bike much, maybe once in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Since you are not using the bike often, I would suggest the cheapest option compatible with the your model.

Also, disconnecting one or both poles of the battery will extend longevity as two weeks between rides is quite a long time.

From my experience, the secret is to turn on the bike and ride it even for a few miles once every seven days minimum and you can get three to five years of battery life.

This is good for the whole bike too, brakes, suspension, cooling system etc.

And of course, the more normal riding in between, the more healthy and long lasting battery in the long term.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you are not using the bike often, I would suggest the cheapest option compatible with the your model.

Also, disconnecting one or both poles of the battery will extend longevity as two weeks between rides is quite a long time.

From my experience, the secret is to turn on the bike and ride it even for a few miles once every seven days minimum and you can get three to five years of battery life.

This is good for the whole bike too, brakes, suspension, cooling system etc.

And of course, the more normal riding in between, the more healthy and long lasting battery in the long term.
thanks a lot for the reply!
I will try to ride it more often.
But if I use the battery with a lower ah rating, will that cause any damages to the battery?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts