Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,313 Posts
The lower octanes actually have a faster burn rate, but higher compression (or less heat efficient) engines require the higher octane to combat detonation.

Different companies use different additives and some use a mix of ethanol (? I can't remember) to help with emissions. I've never noticed enough difference between different brands to warrant a look, but there are some stations I avoid like the plague because they always seem to have a water problem. Get a little water in your tank and I guarantee you'll tell a difference. That's why I stick with the larger name-brand stations that have a lot of turnover.

· Registered
4,313 Posts
Originally posted by sixftnine

there is this gas station by the salt river that has 114 octane for 5 bux but you cant put it in anything with the wheels touching the ground. cant wait to get some of that shit.
Won't do a thing for you unless you're running bumped up compression or a turbo and you've backed the timing down to keep it from detonating.

· Registered
4,313 Posts
Taller piston, shaved head. Nothing you would want to do to a street bike.

· Registered
4,313 Posts
He's wrong, unless he's putting a little more timing in it which the higher octane would let you do, but it still wouldn't make that much of a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.