Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 2 different PIAA H7 bulbs and today while trying to install them on the bike I noticed that they look different from the stock ones.

The PIAA bulbs don't have a black base on the bottom (hence they looks smaller) and the connectors are smaller (closer together) when compared to the OEM ones.

Are there different types of H7s????????????????

What am I missing here?

·
Registered
586 Posts
ya make sure to unplug the prongs from the stock and place them on the new, that makes they bigger. it took me like 20 min to figure it out after getting pissed that i had the wrong bulbs lol

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
46 Posts
i dont know how much your PIAA bulbs are costing you but why not just buy a HID kit and install that? I went through 2 sets of those before i bought the kit for my bike, worth every penny IMO. just a thought...

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
i dont know how much your PIAA bulbs are costing you but why not just buy a HID kit and install that? I went through 2 sets of those before i bought the kit for my bike, worth every penny IMO. just a thought...
Is it a PITA to disassemble the HID kit? I was thinking of installing these but if it's going to take hours to take them off when converting the bike to track specs then forget it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
well assuming you would be the person doing the install i would imagine it wouldnt be a problem to just disconnect the ballasts or just remove the fuse. my kit is tucked inside the front fairing to the left and right of the headlight housing. Took about 30 minutes to install.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
well assuming you would be the person doing the install i would imagine it wouldnt be a problem to just disconnect the ballasts or just remove the fuse. my kit is tucked inside the front fairing to the left and right of the headlight housing. Took about 30 minutes to install.
I'll be taking off the whole headlight and all. Never had a HID kit installed in any of my bikes. I'll look into these....but they're just so freakin' expensive!

·
Registered
46 Posts
well i can tell you those PIAA bulbs burnout quickly and pretty much melted the headlight housing on my bike so it was worth it to spend the 120 bucks on the kit and just remove the original set up. The kit i purchased is from GTHID and came with 2 ballasts and all the wiring. battery drain is no issue as the HIDs run 35W and the stock run i believe 55W

·
Registered
586 Posts
iv got some some eurodezins and there brighter and a brilliant white and there stock wattage, there lasting a long time. and has a lifetime warrenty didnt cost much ethier

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pretty much melted the headlight housing on my bike

The PIAAs I got run 55W, which is the stock wattage... I'm not sure why they would melt the headlight housing.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are they noticeably better/brighter?

I will check at night... will post a new thred with pics of the light outputs and stuff later tonight.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I don't see him offering the kits with H7 bulbs or am I missing something?
He said he would do H7's, I ordered some already. Get in on it. $77 shipped is such a good price, to good to pass up....

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
35 watts, 4300K, slim ballast

go for it.. a great mod to increase light output.
I wasn't sure if 35 watts would be enough, but I got them anyways 6k for that pure white with a hint of blue look :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.