Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just after reading through this months superbike mag( uk mag) the editor decided to stick some mods on his 06 r1 longtermer, an exhaust you might thing would be one of the 1st changes but no, first he dynod it and got 153bhp at the wheel, then added a power commander and Velocity stacks. the PC had a stock R1 fuel map already downloaded from the dynojet website and the stacks were slotted in, a talon sprocket was fitted at this point too, not that would make any difference to the power, just simply feel more urgent on the road, with this done it went back on the dyno made 158.5bhp, then the dyno man made some fuel-air mix tweaks to optimize the map and figures increased to 163.05bhp, at 7000rpm upwards there were 10 more horses and 7 more foot pounds force of torque, to me thats fairly impressive, what you guys think??

·
Registered
759 Posts
Bikes are tuned to pass emissions tests, not make the best power. Getting a custom FI map that matches whatever intake/exhaust mods you've done is smart and not terribly expensive. A couple or three hours on the dyno is maybe $200 around here. If you've already dropped a bunch of coin on mods, might as well make sure you're getting the most out of them.

Personally, I'd rather spend all that money (pipe, PC, custom map, etc) on suspension work and/or track days and tires. I bought a supersport for it's handling. If I want more power, I'd just buy a liter bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.