Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K guys, i need your opinions.

I have this guy who is willing to sell me his triumph TT600 for $1200. Its a 2001, with only 6k miles on it. for those that don't know, its a sport bike that kinda resembles an earlier ninja. sounds retarded cheap right? well, it was down in grass over two years ago (he says), and the upper fairing has a chunk outta it, and so does the tail, with scratches on the fairing. not REAL bad, but definately noticeable. engines strong, needs rear tire...

i test rode it, and it seemed ok, little weird though but thats prolly because its a damn triumph. I currently have no bike right now and gas is shooting up around here. But... i'm leaving for the air force in/around 3 months. I've got a dilemma here. watcha think?

·
Registered
891 Posts
If ur leavin in 3 months, pick it up and don't worry about fixing the cosmetics. Get it rideable, then sell it for what you paid when you leave.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I'm with them ^.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I was on the way also to buying a tt600 which was damn cheap as well. Took it for a ride and all seemed okay, went back to the seller placed a deposit. Did abit of research on the net and decided I wanted to go for a second ride, took it for another ride and the damn thing died after a couple minutes of riding. Couldnt get it started again pushed it back to the sellers garage and demanded my money back.
Error codes were flashing on the lcd and it just wouldnt start for shit. Now I personaly wouldn't touch the tt600.
Thats just my opinion by the way.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Give me the dudes number, I will buy it in as long as it takes to drive up there.

--David

·
Registered
191 Posts
When the TT first came out they had big problems with the injection,I believe they had to stop production until it was rectified, and from that point on were always behind the other 600's on the performance curve. They got a bad rep much like the TL's and never recovered from it...thus the 675 triple......

If the paper work is straight on it, not a salvage title, and is mechanically sound I would buy it....if it doesn't meet any of these criteria walk from it.....

·
Registered
457 Posts
i voted for suffer and get something better but that's pretty cheap and if you're only here for 3 months then what the fuck it's only a grand and some change... you can kick it over by the end of the day and not worry about anything b/c it's a cheap bike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.