Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bough a 2007 650r 6 months ago did some mods (sport bars, arrow slip on & fe) I've ridding so fAr so good till i rode my buddy Zx1R damn i luv the bike runs smoother and powerfull than mine ! I'm paying mine i still have 6 more payments my question is should change it for a 600 or go 4 1000 ! It will be good idea I'm pAying anyways what i don't want it's upgrade anymore an stick with one for longer time! Nothing bad with my 650R just feel like a can handle more power! And i like a biger bike!

· Strat - the Asian edition
12,887 Posts
Stick with the 650.
6 months and 3k miles is nothing.
You still have a lot to learn IMO.

Also, the 650 has plenty of power especially after only 3k miles.
If it doesn't have enough power for you after only 3k miles, your either doing something wrong or have no fear IMO.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The question wasn't if I have to keep it! Which should choose zx6r or zx10R appreciate anyways comms ! Nothing wrong with 650r just the difference after drive zx10r! Actually I'm looking advice from some one who have driven both!

· Registered
1,708 Posts
so you already decided on getting a supersport....

do you plan on tracking the bike?
if not, get the zx6
if you do, still get the zx6 :D
you will NEVER need the power of the zx10 for street use, or casual trackdays
though the zx10 is fun, it will also be accompanied by expensive insurance and speeding tickets

also keep in mind what you'll be using the bike for
i use my zx6r for commuting and HATE IT
but i love it for spirited riding, which is maybe 1-2 times a month :(

· That Fighter Guy
2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 street fighter
15,167 Posts
I've owned a liter bike, and I still love my ZZR600. A 600 is a perfect street bike and track bike. The 1000's are good for a straight line thrill, but 600's are more nimble and most people can corner faster on a 600 because of that.

Here's what you should do. Get a ZX6R and do a sprocket swap; -1/+2 or just +3 in the rear. After you open the throttle more than half way, the 600 will spin up and slide your ass back against the rear seat. Also, a 600 is more pleasant to maneuver around the streets than a liter bike because the liter has so much power it makes the bike jumpy, which can be dangerous if you're inexperienced. Think about being leaned over at low speed and accidentally bump the throttle too much; it can lead to a low side or you pinching some poop off in your undies. A 600 is more forgiving in that scenario. You just gotta look at the entire aspect of riding when choosing a bike. You know? You gotta ask yourself, "what bike will work best for the kind of riding I do?"

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great thanks fellas that help it a lot! I'll try to get the zx6r on thursday it depends how much I'll get for trading my 650r if i can get a good deal the zx6r it's my option I actually used for commute and weekends driving meaning i drive the bike every day! Not planing to track race yet till i get used to the bike allover again!

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dude wtb! Not because you fail mean everybody will! I learned on 650r agains all comments! About starting in 250cc! Im alive and ready for upgrade! If u wanna piece of me come get it! Not need policy on your name! (jejejejeje !) thanks for the good vibe i wish the same for ya!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.