Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk I need you

982 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  diirk 
#1 ·
Dirk.... you cut your metal tabs on your subframe after you removed your handles .. right... well I attempted to do it without actual removal and found a problem yesterday. The metal brackets are putting too much internal pressure on the tail section so I removed the tail again and completely removed the tabs. Now.... as if I need more problems.. now the tail sits low and the rear seat seems high leaving a gap around it. Did you have to lower your rear seat somehow and if so how. From the looks of it i may be able to lower the seat by a combination of trimming the plastic tabs and/or bending the seat release bracket down. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

#2 ·
psyclone:
That's pretty interesting...
I didn't have any problems with it. The seat sits fine.
Maybe you can fit some adhesive backed rubber spacers in there.
I'll double check the bike tonite when I get home. But as I recall there's on vertical movement of the tail. Do you have an undertail?

Diirk
'99 ZX6R
'02 Raptor
'01 Wolverine
'87 Radian

#3 ·
if you just remove the handles no problem.. it still clips to the plastic undertray.. BUT if you remove the handles and you put on an undertail you end up removing the black undertray. The undertail is actually held up by tail.... AHHHH!!! if it's not one thing it's another.. so here is what I had to do.. take a Hammer.. any old hammer would do.. aim for the rear seat release mechanism and give it a good couple of wacks.. basically bend it down a 1/4 inch or so.. then take the rear seat and apply your dremel cutting blade to the two plastic tabs on the rear of the seat.. take them down a 1/4 inch and walla.. fixed.. it actually looks better now because the seat sits flush and the tail actually comes all the way down to the rear tail lights.. looks cleaner.. Eventually I'll get around to putting pics up of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.