Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike only dynoed at 103 hp, what the heck? The only thing I can think of is the fact that is was an air temp of 96 degress and my bike was really hot. Anyone have any ideas why it dynoed so low? The only performance mod I have is the jumper mod.

·
Registered
274 Posts
All Dyno's will register different numbers. Also what was the humidity there when it was done. And do not forget that the ram-air was not being used as well. Take it to a different Dyno shop in a cooler less humid environment in a different elevation and you will get completely different results.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Doesnt look like your jumper mod is in right cause it shouldnt die off at the end like that. Mine stock with the jumper mod pulled all the way and made peak hp just before redline. 108hp stock. Also its a mobile dyno they dyno low. What were other bikes getting in comparison? Any other 600's? When I did mine at a Dyno day I got 6hp more than the closest 600 and that was one with an air filter and slip on. An 03 636 with no air filter and slip on was getting 4hp less than mine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you think the jumper wire is in wrong?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Originally posted by JasonB
... What were other bikes getting in comparison? Any other 600's? When I did mine at a Dyno day I got 6hp more than the closest 600 and that was one with an air filter and slip on.
Good point. Check what other 600's made on that dyno before or after you. You should come out a few hp's more than others. My closest "competitor" was 600rr w/ full exhaust, pc3, k&n that read 103 hp [xx(]

·
Registered
393 Posts
It also depends on how old your bike is, how many miles you have in the bike, elevation, temp...etc. There are many things that can affect a dyno run, but if you ask me, 103 is a bit on the low.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.