Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just heard a vicious rumor that disconnecting the speedo cable on the front sprocket cover will result in more power. A friend of mine tried it on his 03 zx-6rr and swears by it. His reasoning is that it affects the ECU in some way. Of course, his EFI light starts blinking after about 9K on the tach!

I'm not so sure about this but thought somebody on here can clear it up. I'm not about to try it on mine right away. Any takers?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Power of suggestion, maybe? Don't see any sense in how speed signal would affect the power. Though if the ecu light comes on, the info does go through the ecu.

Suzukis have limited power delivery on small gears, except at wot, but they have gear sensors too. It's possible that Kawi made it via speed signal but 10R has the same restriction as Suzukis, so no sense in that.

At the end of the day the way stock 636 wheelies does speak for full power.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If this was the case, clearly more people would be doing this much like the kleen mod avaliable, the bikes have been out for 5 years, and I've never heard word of it before.

From what you're saying the ECU would notice how fast you're going and limit you power outputs? I highly doubt it.

I've ridden mine without the front sprocket cover and without the speedo, both resulting in no noticable difference-which if your friend swears by I would think I could notice it.

So I'm going to call bullshit.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts