Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you may have read My buddy wrecked my 04 636. I took it apart last night and had a hell of a time with the stupid tabs that keep the lower cowls together at the bottom. I have basically the whole bike taken apart and that was easy to do however I had a bitch of a time with those tabs. Is there an easy way to get them out without breaking them or does anyone know of an easy replacement for a quick disconnect option? I also was wondering what the easiest way to get the ugly rear fender off as it has the same stupid tabs? [B)]

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Correct. It releases the pressure allowing you to just pull them out. try not to break them. I broke 3 and they've been on back order for almost 2 months!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by dman
Just push in the tab and they slide right out.

Oh and Ed they'll be in your hands today or tomorrow.
Thanks! You D Man...:D

·
Registered
560 Posts
A quick and easy replacement for those pins is using a finned style push pin used in most car trim applications... and most parts stores should carry a box of them.... a common name for them is a "xmas tree" retainer...

·
Registered
560 Posts
A quick and easy replacement for those pins is using a finned style push pin used in most car trim applications... and most parts stores should carry a box of them.... a common name for them is a "xmas tree" retainer...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the replies I read about the tabs this morning and oh my godthe trouble I had last night to get 3 out. Once I learned the proper way to get em out I took out the 6 for the rear cowl in like 10 seconds. I also figured out about the mudgaurd once the rest was off. Jesus how much better it looks without that on now its time to look at past posts on the best looking way to mount the new signals and license plate. Just in case I get to keep it as thats the way to go. The days are getting better for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.