Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 636, but my only real complaint would be the fact that my ballz feel like they are in a vice whenever I ride (and especially when my GF is on the back). Will purchasing a Corbin change the seating such that I'll actually be able to have children one day?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
[:M68]does it feel like this is happening? [:M60]
and no i don't think it will..[:M68] just need to...[:M68]..work on your..[:M68] seating position

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had my seat shaved and built up with different cell foam. I gave the guy a pic of the Corbin to match it. Way more comfortable, and I don't slide forward. Cost $80 CAD (~$55 USD). Cheaper than the Corbin. Although it was my second seat. I shaved the first one myself and didn't like it. I gave it to a short guy with a 636. So really, I could have just bought the Corbin to beign with seeing as how the second stock one cost me $$$.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Like godsdozer and Ridgerider, I found that wearing a suit (Aerostich) solves the problem for me. Conversely, wearing thinner clothing (e.g., slacks) aggravates the problem.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, the best way to get rid of that crushage is to get rid of your balls. It's pretty fast and easy to do, plus you'll lose weight \o/

:D Ok, I'm out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sargent cycles makes custom seats for sportbikes like Corbin. I had a Gel seat from them on my Gixxer..........COMMMMFFF-TAAAA-BULLLLLE
www.sargentcycle.com
its higher in the front and lower in the back, got alot of compliments on it and alot cheaper and more comfy than a Corbin. This was tested when a buddy of mine ordered a seat from Corbin for HIS bike, Same 98750 SRAD, trynna stay loyal cuz he had a Corbin on his old CBR ........................................my Seat was the comfiest. Problem is they arent makin them for the 636, at least not yet. I called and asked , said u can send him ur seat and they can repad it for u inserting the gel, they sent me some free color and texture samples allready. Turnaround time is about 3 weeks. But if u go this route it will be a lil expensive since its not a production model and theyre not sure if its gonna be

Im having the same Crushing experience now especially if I ride my girl on the back,

but do i wanna wait 3 weeks and pay more money or order a seat from Corbin who allready has 636 seats available

<----from a 9R

·
Registered
49 Posts
When you have the girls on is it underbreaking or all the time? I know when I had my GF on a CBR underbreaking she would really kill my boys. Then I had her support herself underbreaking by putting one hand on the gastank. That seemed to do the work.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I have to support the Corbin. It looks just like the stock but when you sit on it you notice the difference alot. You aren't pushed forward into the tank as much and the spot for your cheeks is a little wider. I'm a big guy, 6', 230lbs so it was worth it to me (also ride 50-100 mi distances quite a bit). The customer service was really good too, you give them your dimensions and they "custom" mold the seat and they called to make sure everything was okay with it after I got it. The downfalls: expensive and the leather makes the seat more slippery, almost fell off the first time I did a wheelie with the seat on. Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Sorry, forget to address the question...they definitely eliminate ball crushage, just have to decide if your balls are big enough to spend that
money on them!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I recently bought the corbin seat and it is the best investment I have made. I got my '03 last May and I put over 6,000 miles on it over the rainy summer we had in New York. This summer is going to be alot more comfortable. Anyone got the line on some good bike shows on the Northeast? I am heading to Psychofest in PA in June but thats all I heard of.
Let me know
[email protected]

Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
So we've proved that the Corbin seat does relieve the nuts. But I have a few questions:
1. is it a more cushy feel for the buttocks?
2. is the seat height higher or lower than stock?
3. Does the extra cush for the nuts push you back away from the handlebars?

·
Registered
340 Posts
if you ever sat on a big 4-wheeler, it feels like that. more of an upright position. i don't have 1 for the 6r but i got a 9r with one on it. very comfortable!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.