Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone? I'm starting to have a little problem with my front brake. It's starting to jerk a little bit, when I'm pulling it in it goes to a certain point with no brakeage and then bamb, it breaks real hard. Anyone had anything like this? I'm wondering if I should get it looked at. Anyone have any advice on brakes?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Is the fluid dark, it should be almost clear?

Try bleeding them.

My '01 has lousy feel when the fluid start getting old.

Replace the fluid and bleed them. If it is still not right have the calpers checked, my be a sticky piston.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the fluid is very dark actually, both front and back. They have always been dark though, through all my services. It's Time to get it serviced again anyway, maybe I'll get new brakes.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Theres a possibility that your rotors could be warped. A simple and not precise way of testing is to slowly apply you brakes and hold them at a certain level (not full on, but maybe 1/4-1/2 way in) if its braking harder in some areas than it is others, than you could possibly have a warped or bent rotor. Its basically a simplified way of making a truing stand.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just got back from riding and noticed it only really does it once, then it brakes fine after that when braking. And then next time its time to brake, it does it then it doesn't...etc if that makes sense.

·
Registered
471 Posts
So are you saying it only does it in one spot on the rotors or only once per stopping period? If its only once per stop then its not the rotors, but if its multple times during a stop then i would be looking for a new rotor.

·
Registered
471 Posts
hmmm, maybe a kink in the line orrrrr maybe you need the bleed the system?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Originally posted by Sinful
just got back from riding and noticed it only really does it once, then it brakes fine after that when braking. And then next time its time to brake, it does it then it doesn't...etc if that makes sense.
I would replace the pads and the fluid, would be needed anyway. Then if it is not right, it would be a stuck piston. Then, I would rebuild both calpers and be done with it. No sense figuring if one is bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.