Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchased a bike about a week ago and am waiting for it to get here, while waiting for it i know i need to scoop up some gear, but i have a question. I am interested in gettin the scorpion exo-700 "rivet" style helmet (not sure if yall have heard of it so hear is a link: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/photos/OG/i48382.jpg). The outer layer of the helmet is that matte material and i was wondering if that scratches easier than the "glossy" type of helmets. I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I dont want to get a helmet that is goin to get all scratched up after a month or so of riding u kno?? Also, does the paint on the matte helmet scratch off easily as well? I'd really appreciate it if yall could help me out!!! I'm still a newbie so more questions to come!!! Thanks ..

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a KBC VR2 Dragon Gun http://www.metricbikes-superstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=1661&products_id=10856. It has a matte finish which I like alot more than glossy helmets. Since it has a design, scratches aren't going to show up as much as a solid color. They also don't show up as much on the matte.

I did take a chip out of the surface somehow and it started to flake off, so I just used a little 5 minute epoxy and that solved the problem, you can't see it if you're not looking for it.

Don't know alot about Scorpion helmets but it looks good, nice choice

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
My friend and his wife have matte HJC helmets, and they say they're very fragile surfaces.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i have the icon mainframe (skull) in matte...i've had a few knicks, but it's going to happen.

when i first started riding, i would get pissed over little knicks and scratches...eventually, it occured to me that there's nothing you can do about it anyways

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Rule of life on two wheels: all helmets will scratch/chip more easily than you think. Matte finishes might be more prone to it, but they all will. After awhile, you won't even notice that your $500 lid is being mutilated every time you put it down somewhere.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by anarion55
All helmets will scratch/chip more easily than you think. Matte finishes might be more prone to it, but they all will.
that's all i needed to know :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.