Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[:M37] Just a reminder to everyone, please don't tailgate - especially trucks. I'm the worst offender for this. I was behind a truck this morning but luckily didn't take my bike today. The rear tire blew and the tread came flying at me followed by a shower of rubber debris. Had I been on the bike I would have been taken out completely there was no time or room to swerve. I can't believe re-treading is legal, so please stay way back and stay safe. [:M37]

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Those truck tires blow out a lot more often than people think. I used to drive a truck last year, and I lost three tires total in one year.
Some companies don't even like their trucks on the road if the weather is really hot, because the hot road makes the tires come apart easier.

·
Registered
558 Posts
theres a el camino around here that says,"i'm not tailgating i'm drafting," on the tailgate...i always get a good kick outta that. anyways i stay the hell away from trucks mainly due to the excesisve rock chip barrage(sp?).

·
Registered
335 Posts
We always have truck tires all over the road here in Phoenix. As if the wind off of an 18 wheeler wasnt bad enough, you have to watch that too.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
take the MSF, they teach you how to properly ride.

·
Registered
337 Posts
whether in a car or on a bike, you should always keep an eye on those tires.

Remember too, that if you are too close to anyone (even a car), you may not see that retread that's already lying on the road.

Drive safe everyone:)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Three months ago I was riding home in the dark on a unlit part of the freeway a car in front of me ran over the tire tread that blew off a truck...I was riding in the right track and didn't see it and the car didn't see it....the car flip up the tire and it hit me square in the head light...I was running about 70 mph the bike just shook and I looked down there was no front of the bike....No wind screen, no tach/speedo, no front faring....The real bummer of all of this is I got the bike back for a month the I did the Dumbass 2 thing.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.