Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you ride highways / freeways for very long,
there's a good chance another rider will saunter up
and riding adjacent to you in your lane.
It's a bit funny~ a compulsion to ride together :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah

I've noticed the same thing. Some times we even encourage lone riders to ride with us. If we are stopped some place getting gas or just taking a break and we see a lone rider or two out and about we wave 'em down and see if they want to join us. The more the merrier.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've never really experienced any riders wanting to ride along side me or anything like that. i drive my bike to and from work every day and to the grocery store every night to pick up stuff to cook for dinner but I've never had anyone try to ride with me. everyone is usually very nice and waves and such but i suppose they just don't want to ride with me because i do the speed limit and nothing more.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I suppose it depends on the area?

I'm a student at UC and none of my friends down there ride, but while commuting to work in Columbus this summer, I have been 'waved in' by other guys riding up the highway twice.

Good thing my lid masks my goofy smile! (OMG, I HAS FRIEnDS?)

·
Registered
786 Posts
I will do it so long as we have the same pace

I've noticed the same thing. Some times we even encourage lone riders to ride with us. If we are stopped some place getting gas or just taking a break and we see a lone rider or two out and about we wave 'em down and see if they want to join us. The more the merrier.

Hey Krindog I noticed your located in Lancaster, maybe I will see you around sometime

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
No one has ever joined next to me, staggered, yes. Happens all the time and I do it as well. Better to ride in a group than alone, makes you more visible. I fall back if they do stupid crap though.
:plusone:

Being in a group provides more visibility and/or awareness of your presence. Generally I will join bikes or be joined by bikes when riding. It is a brotherhood of awesome. :D

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Yeah they do sometimes. I actually get annoyed...they're not my friends...my friends and I are trying to enjoy a trip to the mountains, the last thing we need is another rocket tailing us, speeding past us and being the leader, thinking his bike is faster and better, etc, the list goes on and on...

·
Banned
150 Posts
I had a group wave me in one day, but I didn't join. I actually wish it would happen more often. I get a little lonely sometimes.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
i particularly avoid that, i kinda like to stay in the group of ppl that i ride with, mainly because i've learned their tendencies etc... where as with some random person you don't quite know what they do in given situations

·
Registered
261 Posts
i have a 60 mile commute to and from school so i do bump into a few bikers. more harley guys than sporty bikes but instead of grouping itll usually be an unspoken game of cat and mouse, trading positions going down the road. thats LI for ya....

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
I've never had anyone wave me into their group. Since I usually drive a few mph over the limit I end up catching a lot of the cruiser crowd. I join in making sure I can see the eyes of the rider I'm behind in their mirror and just hang there until either they signal that I can go around, they turn, or I get too impatient and beep the horn and then pass them. I don't like greyhounding it for too long, but I'm fairly patient and not rude about it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I wish it happened more, but it seems that I notice a lot more bikes on my daily routes when I’m not riding mine (Sucks). But I will always join any bike I see if they’re going the same ways as me. I usually ride staggered unless I know you. You never know what the other rider is going to do. And if riders get crazy, I back off. Ride Your Own Ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts