Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another question for you guys who have a 00-02 zx6r and also a 05-06 636 (not the zzr). i am doing an undertail mod on my bike and i know the 03-04 headers will fit on the 00-02 zx6r with no problems, has anyone tried to fit the 05-06 headers on the 00-02 zx6r or on the 03-04 zx6r? i know this is an unlikely possibility but if it will work, that would save me a ton of money on fab job. so any help on this would be deeply appreciated!
thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
THe header will work, I believe the issue will be the mid-pipe plus the you will gain a nice increase in the bottom end but lose on the top

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you mean the 05-06 636 header will fit on the 00-02 zx6r? can you please confirm that. no problems with the mid pipe, i am using the rear subframe from the 05 on my bike along with the undertail exhaust . so as long as they mesh up fine i will be in business.
will wait on your confirmation on the headers, thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LL, i know they are, its just that i have so many freakin parts that i have bought off ebay sitting in my garage, that my garage looks like a UPS storage [:p]. i dont think my wife would appreciate me buying more "stuff" just to test and see!Having said that, i am watching a few headers on ebay as we speak. :D I was hoping that some one could give me some info before the auction ends!

·
Registered
939 Posts
haha. yeah my girl gets so pissed about all my parts. plus i have them sent to her condo so they dont sit outside for days at my place.
well saw this item on ebay and figured id post it up for ya.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks LL, i am looking at that item right now, the sad part is that it ends around 12:00 AM i cant stay up that late , need to be up by 2:30 AM, i may have to let that one pass. or try to put a bid in around 10:00, before i hit the sack! hope i get it! do you have any more projects going on right now?

·
Registered
939 Posts
bidstealer.com
its a free service you sign up put in your ebay info and auction number and it will bid the amount you want it to 15-20 seconds before the end of the auction.
i use it all the time and it works great.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow! i cant believe that it actually exists! just the other day i was discussing this with my buddies at work, about how cool would it be if i could have some one bid for me that late on an auction! but how secure is your member id and stuff. the last thing i want is to have some one bidding and buying stuff under my user name!

·
Registered
939 Posts
its pretty good i have used it for a year and half now. the way they make money is you can upgrade to a version that will bid in less than 1 second to end of auction.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i wasnt able to bid on the item last nite, couldnt get on the internet, (got dial up at home also mooching off somebodys wireless internet;)) so i will have to wait and see a couple more headers listed on ebay. i am going to look into bidsteal.com. thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i tried the 05 headers , they dont fit right, beacause the header going from the #1 cylinder (extreme left, looking from behind the bike towards the front)interferes with the oil filter. i also detect the lower end of the headers hitting the oil sump. so i think it is a no go! tazman, how were you able to fit yours. am i doing something wrong here?

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
drain your oil, and take the filter off, put the headers on, and see whats up, they make oil filter relocation kits, so that may be easier then making a custom mid pipe, that way you have bolt on 05-06 parts....
Ben

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oil flter relocation kits? didnt know that was possible, do you have any links? right now i am looking at $12 for a 45-55 deg mandrel bent pipe that will go between the mid pipe and the 03-04 header. (dont quote me on the $12 i am still negotiating with the guy!)

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
well its going to be cheaper to get the pipe made or w/e lol
Ben

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.