1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Details & specs on the 2009 bikes are starting to come out
The PR machine is designed to make you feel inadequate over your non 09 bike
As you read about the new year's technical improvements,
do you feel a tinge of why-didn't-I-wait-for-the-09's ?
Advertising is a funny cold heartled business lol

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Then it looks like the companies PR engines are doing their job. They pay a lot of money to people that are supposed to make you feel inadequate for not having the latest and the greatest. See...it works! :D

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
the only reason i'd feel bad for not haing the latest and greatest is if the latest and greatest was a bike that ran off of your body fat and burned it for fuel through osmosis or something.

·
Registered
289 Posts
the only reason i'd feel bad for not haing the latest and greatest is if the latest and greatest was a bike that ran off of your body fat and burned it for fuel through osmosis or something.
um, that would actually be diffusion, osmosis is only water...just to let ya know :D (only reason i comment is i've studied that in college and feel the need to feel smart...)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
um, that would actually be diffusion, osmosis is only water...just to let ya know :D (only reason i comment is i've studied that in college and feel the need to feel smart...)
osmosis, diffusion, cold fusion i don't really care how its done so long as it runs my bike off of my pot belly :lol:

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i'd still take my 05 636 over any new 600

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
pot belly AND a sex swing!?!? I guess you've got it made lol

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Just a sidenote; Everyone on this board that rides a hypersport bike should feel inadequate, no matter the year. They are all far beyond anything any of us will ever tame.

--David

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Honda has released the info on the 2009 cbr600rr and cbr1000rr. Suzuki released the 600/750, but nothing on the 1000 which should be new this year.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I ride an old yesteryear bike by choice. I quit keeping up with the latest and greatest years ago.

Oddly enough ive had more fun on an old bike that i picked based on what i wanted vs. back in the day when i had what the magazine told me i should have. :)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Honda has released the info on the 2009 cbr600rr and cbr1000rr. Suzuki released the 600/750, but nothing on the 1000 which should be new this year.
Honda did release some info on the 2009 CBR 600rr, but it's an ABS model from what I gathered. I wonder what that thing is going for.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Can't lie, i do. I try to talk myself out of that way of thinking tho.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Honda did release some info on the 2009 CBR 600rr, but it's an ABS model from what I gathered. I wonder what that thing is going for.
And of course Kawi put out info on its dirtbikes some time ago now, including the now fuel-injected KX450F.

And in just looking at the Kawi site I see they now have the 500R listed as a 2009...Still exactly the same. Man they need to update that thing. Mine was fun but it was sure old-fashioned compared to the 6R.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts