Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well i give my gfs 6 yr old rides around town, but i got him a lol street bike helmet, and we just put around at 20 to 25 miles an hour. He can reach the pegs so he just sits on the passenger seat. and I don't do anything crazy like that obviously...

------------------------------------
'06 NINJA 650R with:

Two Brothers Aluminum Slip-on
RandG Frame Sliders
RandG Bar End Sliders
Woodcraft Spool Sliders
Street FX Red Leds

·
Registered
329 Posts
At least I can take solace that this will fuck him up for the rest of his life. Where did he think he is, Southeast Asia? We do that over there, but our bikes struggle to get to 30.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I believe in reasonable securement. Age, height, weight, none of that matters being reasonably secured does. A baby doesn't belong in a car but once secured in a car seat, as most would say, is ok. Someone, anyone sitting on a tank, which isn't a seat to begin with, is a no go/good behavior in my book.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
I'm sure plenty will disagree, but I don't think kids belong on motorcycle. They lack the decision skills and logic needed to make their own decision "Is this a good idea? Is it worth risking my body or life?"

There are thousands of things to take kids to for fun, rollercoasters, water slides, hell most kids would be happy if you just pushed them around in a cardboard box.

"I wanna show this kid how cool a motorcycle is" just doesn't cut it. Maybe going 5 to 10 mph down your neighborhood is okay. But going against real traffic, I just don't think it's worth it

21 - 24 of 24 Posts