Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our bikes, when you stand her up, does the oil flow away from where it needs to be?

·
Registered
541 Posts
It does if you have it up longer than a good couple seconds

On twins it pretty much does it almost immediatly. On inline 4s it takes a little longer but if youre at balance point for more than 10 seconds it starts getting starved.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was worried at first, but then I realized that, I've never hit balance point, and if I do get the front wheel up its very rare than I can keep it up for 10 secs!

·
Registered
273 Posts
not really on kwaks or suzuki's, cos the gearbox is at the back(so i am told). as soon as the v-twin gets it up, the oil flows into the airbox, (i did see this happen), then to oil flowed out on to the back wheel. you can guess what happened next.[V]

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Yeah, what they said. It starves, but there are plenty of videos showing 636's at bp for more than 10 sec. These engines are tough, just don't overdo it for long periods.

·
Registered
857 Posts
a guy i know who just stunts his 636 wore his cam journals and some other things at the top end from oil starvation from long highway or balance point wheelies but his engine had almost 50 000km when he replaced it....so i don't think you have to mcuh to worry about

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
My friend Calvin stood up his SV at a race start to vertical and hit the rev limiter when he pulled the clutch in. Instant rod bearing damage.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
if you're really worried get an oil pickup for the back of the oil pan, so it'll still feed oil to the motor at BP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.