Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like the more I ride, the more addicted I get. I remember when I first got the 03, people told me that the fun would go away. It never has! What about you guys?

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
This is actually just starting to happen to me. Dont get me wrong, when im riding you cant whipe the shit grin off my face, but i havent had the disire to ride this summer. I duno if its casue im working alot earlier than i ever have, 8:30. And im always tired after work and dont feel like doing n e thing but watch tv. But it sucks, so far ive only put on aobut 1500 miles! I norm do about 5-7k in a summer.

My summer has sucked balls. I was working 7 days a week between 2 jobs. Now, i finally took off saturdays at one of my jobs casue i cant handle the 7 days. When im done w/ work, i never feel like doing n e thing. THis summer blows ass, i cant wait to go back to school.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
No I don't. Only after those all-day-riding days I wouldn't feel a rush to get on a bike next day, but the day after I'm all over again :D

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nope. Got my first street bike ('85 Honda VF700F Interceptor) my Sophomore year of high school in early '92. Now, about 115k miles and 2 bikes later I'm still digging it. I did take about 3 years off due to a herniated disc and getting married, but I'm trying to make up for lost time now that I actually have a new, reliable bike. Now if I could just keep my right wrist from falling asleep so I could put more miles on my 636 :(:(:(:(

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
While I don't ride nearly as much (in terms of mileage) as I did te first year or so I've had this bike, I still ride as often as I can. Even if that's just the 7-mile commute to work on the interstate, it's saddle time.

On occasions where I haven't ridden in several days or more (due to weather, work, or other commitments), when I get back on, it's always like a weight has been lifted from me.

So, in a word; no.

·
Registered
640 Posts
i'm getting tired of riding in FL..... now if i had a decent road or two i'd be happy

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I was actually getting a bit tired of the SOS. The roads around here aren't the best in the world. I guess that's why I bought the DR650 and now the VFR. Hopping from one bike to the next is great even if you're riding the same old roads. My thing has become long distance trips so the VFR is much better suited for that but just moving the 6R the other day gave me jitters. I love my bikes. I love bikes in general.

That's something else you can di if you start getting "tired" of riding. You can start wokring on them. It's almost as satisfying as riding them.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
I went through the riding blues last summer. Took a break I think its cause I moved from Auburn to Ridgecrest, from the sweetest twisties I can imagine to hardly any. When I finally got over it and threw a leg over my 7 it was like I haddn't missed a day of riding. I think its like most things in life, too much of anything leads to boredom. This season is a forced hyatus because of my Army enlistment, as soon as I can I'll get the bike to wherever I'm stationed, shit, it will be some new twisties to explore [:p].

·
Registered
474 Posts
Cant say ive gotten bored, yet... I had a ninja 250 for a summer about 10 years ago.

I really only got into riding in March 04, and since then I have purchased 5 bikes (4 I still have), have done 16 track days, attended a dozen or so bike nights, did 2 weekend trips (Montreal and Lancaster), crashed 4 times (2 on track, 2 on street) and all bikes combined rode just under 25,000 miles. Perhaps the best thing to come of it was meeting some really great people and making some new friends.

It sure beats driving the truck to work everyday. When I first started doing track days I didnt want to look at the thing for a week because I was so beat.

G

·
Originally posted by rkm625
i'm getting tired of riding in FL..... now if i had a decent road or two i'd be happy
+1

i have my moments every now and then. i mostly ride to commute and not for fun. riding in FL is a waste of time, and to me a waste of a perfectly good bike with so much potential.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Originally posted by ninjakid04636

+1

i have my moments every now and then. i mostly ride to commute and not for fun. riding in FL is a waste of time, and to me a waste of a perfectly good bike with so much potential.

Sounds like a couple of you FL riders might want to consider moving to Cali ;)

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
I never get bored with it, but I do wish I had some better roads. I love just riding almost as much as I love twisties, though, so FL isn't -that- bad for me.

I might be moving out to Vegas in the next two years or so, so then it'll be on...I hear Red Rock is outstanding.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
The Tail of the Dragon is "only" 781 miles from S. Fla... less from Tampa... Less, still from Destin.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Originally posted by ninjakid04636
i will for sure at least visit someday. gotta see for myself what all the hype is about :D
Disappoint you won't be, I recommend having a local show you the spots. pashnit.com when it was free was the shit for finding all the fresh roads.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
Originally posted by burtonsbs5114
This is actually just starting to happen to me. Dont get me wrong, when im riding you cant whipe the shit grin off my face, but i havent had the disire to ride this summer. I duno if its casue im working alot earlier than i ever have, 8:30. And im always tired after work and dont feel like doing n e thing but watch tv. But it sucks, so far ive only put on aobut 1500 miles! I norm do about 5-7k in a summer.

My summer has sucked balls. I was working 7 days a week between 2 jobs. Now, i finally took off saturdays at one of my jobs casue i cant handle the 7 days. When im done w/ work, i never feel like doing n e thing. THis summer blows ass, i cant wait to go back to school.
Dude I'm right there with you. I decided to pick up a 2nd job to keep me busy and my riding has really suffered. I think max I have 600 miles this season. We had a wet spring and now with some stinkin hot weather I just want to be in air conditioning. I'm doing the whole 70 hours a week with only 2 weeknights off. I used to ride to work all the time now I just don't have the desire to wait for the bike to warm up in the morning. Plus on the rare day that I have the entire day off I still don't seem to muster any desire to waste $3+/gallon just tooling around. Instead I go golfing or something like that. (which I know is a waste of money too) All work and no play makes Joey a dull boy.

I don't know, I've thought about selling or maybe trading in on a different bike (both cruiser or sport tourer), or maybe buying a jetski(I can't swim), a quad (I have a Jeep for offroading/mudding), a snowmobile (I hate being shivering cold). I'm running out of ideas so I guess the bike stays for a while, though now its sharing the carport with the Jeep. Yet I have no desire to get rid of my gas hogging tent on wheels Jeep. I am thinking about a smaller hardtop car for a daily driver...but that's a whole other story.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Riding by myself gets boring sometimes, riding with my main riding partner never gets boring. He totalled his R6 over a month ago and I have'nt been riding as much.

Like someone else said I think too much of anything can get boring.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.