Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
If you have a Brembo radial master cylinder on your bike, what size it?
I'm deciding between the 20x19 or the 20x18 master cylinder.
The 20X18 would be more progressive, but would the 20X19 be too aggressive on the street?
This would be used with stock calipers & EBC HH pads untill I do my 636 fork swap.
Another option is if I wait three weeks, my shop can get the new duel range master cylinder.
Any experienced advice is appreciated :)

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
I would go with a 18X19 or 18X20 simply because the 19X20 will move a LOT more fluid, and you've got relatively small brakes on your bike - they won't need as much movement at the master cylinder as say a set of 6 pot calipers.

That being said, I'm thinking you might be better off waiting for the dual range mc. Simply because so much of biking is personal preference, and different people like different ways of riding.

I am wondering (and you're more then welcome to tell me to fuck off and die) why are you putting so much $$ into a ninja 650?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh.
Should I not spend money on my 650?
I wanted a unique sporty bike with moderate ergonomics
Bikes like BMW F800s etc were too expensive after *necessary* mods :)

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I have the 18x20 and love it. It is 90% track, but on the street is performs very predictable.

Why do all this to a 650R?? Unique??

--David

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
oh.
Should I not spend money on my 650?
I wanted a unique sporty bike with moderate ergonomics
Bikes like BMW F800s etc were too expensive after *necessary* mods :)
I'm not even trying to imply that you should not spend the money on your 650. However, I'm just wondering why you chose that platform to spend your cash on.

I meant to ask though, what's the steering stem diameter on the 650?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts