Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joe Rocket that is...I'm looking at leather jackets and among them is the Joe Rocket Supermoto, and Joe Rocket Speedmaster. I need something that will zipper to my Joe Rocket pants, and thus I think I'm limited to only their gear (or I'd have to buy new pants.) Any opinions on either jacket?

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I've had the J.R. Speedmaster Jacket and Pants for a little over 2 years now. They are holding up very well. (Never been crash tested.)
I generaly only wear them in the fall and winter. Way too hot for summer!

Have J.R. Perfed Blaster Jacket and Pants for summer. Also a J.R. Mesh jacket for the really really Hot Days.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Every leather jacket I can recall seeing at my shop (Moto GP, Alpine Star, Joe Rocket, Icon) all come with both halves of the zipper attached to the jacket. If you want to broaden your choices you can simply take this other half and get it sewn into your pants. Anywhere that does tailoring should be able to do that for you for a minimal cost.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm...i didn't know that they came with both halves, that changes things. in that case i'm guessing Alpinestar is the way to go?

·
Registered
757 Posts
My experience with J.R. gear is very upsetting. Everything I've ever owned turned to shit very quickly. Don't get me wrong, their high-price stuff is very good, but I'm not a high-price kind of guy. As in, on a budget. The thing is though, Astars or even Icon budget gear holds up much better over time than J.R. in my opinion.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Originally posted by JCP636
my name is Joe. Gear is for losers dont worry about, its just a scam to get you to spend more money.
[:M22]

But you got me thinking.... when will Suzuki dealers start selling Corona flip-flops and Telefonica tank tops?.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.