Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed sprokets (Vortex -1,+2). I wanted my bike to look a little different, so I changed a few things. Since I was changing the sprokets anyway, I decided to go with the blue 525 chain, Pazzo shorty levers w/blue, 1" bar-ends, Lockhart blue rear spools, pro-tek front and rear blue reservior caps, dark smoke rear signals, Puig screen, and a few simple decals.

Do you think the blue chain is lame or not?

·
Registered
602 Posts
why baby blue shit on a black zx-10r?Its not a GSX-r buddy.Best looking 06 ZX-10r so far is the one from Diablo...DOn't turn your bike in a Gay pride Christmas three..but do like the levers without the blue switch and dark smoke rear signals..kick ass... got the same exhaust but thinking of changing it for something better but its your bike...

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I don't mind the chain.. I would have went with gold everything on black, personally.

The chain is fine being blue.. I think the blue spools make it look cheap though.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL
I don't mind the chain.. I would have went with gold everything on black, personally.

The chain is fine being blue.. I think the blue spools make it look cheap though.
[:Stupid] I was actually thinking of doing some things blue once I paint mines, but not anymore

I do think the gold would have looked better, especially since so much is already gold.

·
Registered
997 Posts
And sorry to be a downer i just think the stickers are all over the shop and would look better in some sort of alinment....

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I'd like some better quality pictures... :) You just need to fiddle with your settings a bit so they aren't blurry.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't want my bike to look gay!! That's why I took pics and put them on here for your opinions. I do want my bike to look a little different from other ZX-10s; I agree that gold may have looked better, but most people would use black/gold and this is why I wanted to try black/gold/blue.

I will post a few clearer pics w/o the blue spools. I agree they look lame.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i like the idea that you bike is different, maybe a little off in colors but it might look better in person, but i do think its better than everyone elses because EVERYONE has the akrapovics and a tail cowl and shit, so in my view its better!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think it is cool, it is a personal thing also called customizing it to you. I myself have a lime green 06 with andoized purple bolts on it and little other things. I used to race for Auburn back in the days of BMX, they gave me a lime green Auburn and put the orignal black widow pdeals on it that had purple centers, from there on I have dug the combo. It would have been gay to put blue this then green that and red this.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I say fuck it.... You are the one riding it ... If you like it screw what anyone else thinks ..... Customize it to your likeings...... BTW looks good

·
Registered
436 Posts
I say make it unique to your likes. When your bike is parked in a sea of bikes and someone walks by, they will know THAT one is yours without question. That's what I call personalizing a bike.[^]

·
Registered
876 Posts
Originally posted by Andrew Grant
I don't want my bike to look gay!! That's why I took pics and put them on here for your opinions. I do want my bike to look a little different from other ZX-10s; I agree that gold may have looked better, but most people would use black/gold and this is why I wanted to try black/gold/blue.

I will post a few clearer pics w/o the blue spools. I agree they look lame.
Don't take anyones comments here to heart... everyones opinions is different, I'm not one for anodized pieces (unless it wheels/exhaust) but thats more less because I know it tends to fade/wear quickly.

if you don't like the blue pieces you can still save them with a flat black rattle can. just a thought

EDIT: Love your gold wheels BTW!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unfortunately, the 'pro-tek' blue brake fluid caps were slowly leaking fluid; I guess they weren't made for the zx-10. I took them off the other day and put the black ones back on the bike. This is the second time I purchased stuff from "parts411" and the parts didn't fit right.

I also removed the blue spools, so now the bike just has the blue chain and the blue in the Pazzo levers. I'll post a newer pic as soon as weather permits.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Originally posted by badexample
why baby blue shit on a black zx-10r?Its not a GSX-r buddy.Best looking 06 ZX-10r so far is the one from Diablo...DOn't turn your bike in a Gay pride Christmas three..but do like the levers without the blue switch and dark smoke rear signals..kick ass... got the same exhaust but thinking of changing it for something better but its your bike...
Big Daddy has blue rims . Ok I see the connection now . [:X]

·
Registered
190 Posts
i really like what u done, you should customise your bike how you want to, changing most stock parts is a good way to go, like you've already started to do, yes i do have a small critique on your bike, and that would be the decals, buts thats only because im a minimalist when it comes to decals, or none at all is better, but thats my opinion, anyways, leave the blue on, and yes i may be biased as i ride a candy plasma blue 636, Rob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.