How do you like the new Kawiforums?

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to vote and state your opinion :)

I like the new look but I am not thrilled, maybe because I am still adjusting to the changes. The new format is also way better on mobile devices!

I would like to see the sidebar return and a more comprehensive What's new section (I can't see topics containing my new posts).

Also, I cannot see a list of all the threads I've started so far for quick reference as the instructions at the FAQ sector result in a different topic list.

·
Registered
26 Posts
As GR wrote the new forum works perfect with mobile devices, I like it. The previous version was pretty much impossible on my smartphone.

What annoys me though is still the same, brand new forum, interesting poll, hundreds of views but just a handful of replies and votes :confused:

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI I finally found the list of topics originally posted by me, it is not under the "Discussions" tab as stated in the FAQ section:

Click Profile icon, Following and then My Discussions

It appears that my topics appear by order of date after the topics posted in the Off topic and Two wheeled discussion section of the forum.

Also, the previous Friends List appears as People you 're following / People following:

Click Profile icon and then About

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well, I voted in the group that will most likely have me stand alone. So nothing new there.
@GR rider
I thought you got lost in the shuffle. Disappearing right after the change.
Love these spoiler's

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I voted in the group that will most likely have me stand alone. So nothing new there.
@GR rider
I thought you got lost in the shuffle. Disappearing right after the change.
Love these spoiler's
Classic bpe :)

I am still here my friend, unfortunately I had to fly to New York because my uncle passed away and stayed there for almost a month in order to support my aunt. Not the best of years this 2019, I lost three loved ones in less than two months :cry:

That's life I guess, keep riding and posting.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
One thing missing from the new forum is a keyboard shortcut. You used to be able to press ALT + SHIFT + S to submit your post after you typed it. That shortcut no longer works with the new forum format.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just "invites" to visit so it is fulfilling it´s main objective IMO. As the saying goes, never expect perfection, but constant small improvements will get you almost there. Thanks to all involved !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Classic bpe :)

I am still here my friend, unfortunately I had to fly to New York because my uncle passed away and stayed there for almost a month in order to support my aunt. Not the best of years this 2019, I lost three loved ones in less than two months :cry:

That's life I guess, keep riding and posting.
I am sorry for your losses GR remember them and be strong...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I voted just OK, it looks good but I got kinda lost and the FAQ sector advice does not correspond to the current layout.
What about the moderators with the thousands of likes between them :p?
Are they too special to vote and say what they think of their new site?

·
Registered
562 Posts
MUCH better on mobile devices, but was easier to find new/updated posts on the older format.
Other than that it's a refresher that works IMO (y)

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've noticed that the photos - thumbnails appear a bit smaller with the new format but then I flipped my tablet to portrait orientation and boom! It seems that it was designed to work better like this, the pics appear larger and beautiful and even the vertical thumbnails ratio stays unaffected. Try it out ;)

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
25,657 Posts
while it may be better on mobile, I think it is a step backwards on computer.
Mostly because of no animated anything. Inline linking is still wonky.
And the smilies straight up suck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts