Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I replaced oil in my bike without any fairing removal or bike stand, stick a oil catch pan underneathe..and take off filter...easy 02 model I have

·
Registered
239 Posts
you don't have to remove the fairing to change the oil, but it is potentially a lot less messy if you do. if you were to drip while removing the filter, it would take more time to remove the fairing And clean it.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
no stand needed. just hold the bike up straight, or sit on it and lean it over. thats what i did before i got my stands. oh, yeah, unless you ever dropped the bike, you wont know how heavy it really is, so be careful.

·
Registered
165 Posts
A bit of advice fellas - I change my oil without removing my fairings and without oil staining them. Just use some saran wrap or slice up a plastic trash bag and "line" the inside of the fairing where the oil would usually fall. Voila - a clean, simple and fairing removal free oil change! :D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
that seems to take a while to wrap everything up. taking of the side fairing takes like 30 seconds for me. 2 minutes to put it back on. if it works for you then great.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I'm with Arturo on this one. Why spend all that time and energy trying to keep everything clean when it takes a few minutes to take off one fairing, and put it back on when your done?

·
Registered
165 Posts
It only takes me 2 seconds to place the plastic bag or saran wrap in the correct area. But to each their own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.