Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding with my highbeam on during the day for a while now. I turn it to low beam when it's night (don't want to blind anyone) but when it's daylight, I run with highbeam on. My logic is that I rather annoy someone and be seen rather than not be seen to the best of my ability. Just wondering what other riders do on the forum and if you think it's effective? Am I wasting my time?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I do the same. Yes I think it is effective at grabbing the attention of people who are at least halfassed watching the road. Nothing is going to help with the texters and makeup people.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I don't use mine because blinding oncoming traffic or cagers while I am riding near them on my bike doesn't seem like a productive thing to do.

I figure if they can't see my normal headlight at night something is wrong with them anyways.

Plus I absolutely hate driving my car or riding my bike and getting blinded by people with their highbeams on.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I only use the high beams when I need more light at night. I let the daylight running lights serve their purpose during the day.

I will admit that it's a better idea to run the high beams to be seen though.

With that said, if they didn't see ya with the lows/daylight runnings, that same idiot probably didn't see ya with the highs.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Nah, I keep mine on low all the time actually (night or day). I figured if these people are not paying attention, nothing's gonna change that. Loud pipes or bright lights - none of that will work for them, they only have their eyes open because it looks good but there's no functionality.

The only thing that wakes blind "makeup and texting" people up is kicking their mirrors in or them running over us.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Why do people complain about texting and driving????? I text and RIDE all the time hahahahahha

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Low's 90% of the time.

I only run Hi's whenever I'm alone on a dark back road or if the cagers around me for some reason seem froggy & unpredictable.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
All the time except at night (then, only when no cars are around)
-Cody

·
Registered
559 Posts
Low during the day, high during the night. I can see better that way at night and hopefully all the idiot drivers behind the wheel see me in their mirror and stop texting for a bit.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Low's 90% of the time.

I only run Hi's whenever I'm alone on a dark back road or if the cagers around me for some reason seem froggy & unpredictable.

+1ish

unless I'm by myself; my hi beams never go on, it's a dickhead move to blind anyone facing the lights. safety or not, the road isn't just yours.

Reactions: nevada

·
Registered
753 Posts
You will not blind anyone by running high beams during the day unless someone is dumb enough to stare at it for a while. I always use my highs during the day. At night I generally do not ride very aggressively so I will toggle back and forth depending on whether or not there are cars around.

-Pat

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
You will not blind anyone by running high beams during the day unless someone is dumb enough to stare at it for a while. I always use my highs during the day. At night I generally do not ride very aggressively so I will toggle back and forth depending on whether or not there are cars around.

-Pat
I always hear that being said; but under that theory, why even bother turning it on? it's not like you're getting more visibility, unless you believe it helps other drives see you even though they aren't getting blinded.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I don't ride with the highbeam on. I changed out the lights to 35w HIDs... I do contemplate just swapping out the highbeam side for a lowbeam aftermarket housing, and changing the wiring so I can have both on, but I haven't gotten off my butt to see if there is an aftermarket item like that.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
High beam ON during the day and I don't ride at night.

If for whatever reason I have to ride at night I'll use low and high beams according to the circumstances.

;)

·
Powerhungry
38,189 Posts
I don't use mine because blinding oncoming traffic or cagers while I am riding near them on my bike doesn't seem like a productive thing to do.

I figure if they can't see my normal headlight at night something is wrong with them anyways.

Plus I absolutely hate driving my car or riding my bike and getting blinded by people with their highbeams on.
+1ish

unless I'm by myself; my hi beams never go on, it's a dickhead move to blind anyone facing the lights. safety or not, the road isn't just yours.
i agree. blinding people in 2 ton cars, that are aiming toward you, doesnt seem like a smart move....

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

+1

Highbeam during the day all day and Low's at night (I rarely ride at night though). I also get irritated at night with people with highs on so I don't ride with them on for that very reason.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts