Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be obsessed with popping them up anywhere there is a straight road, traffic be damned!!

Then a couple days ago I bounced back to far and had to set her down hard and went into a tank slapper which I BARELY recovered before running into oncomming traffic. Gave me quite a scare but I still do it, I love the attention better than my life I guess.[B)]

Anyone else like me?

·
Registered
668 Posts
dude... no...please stop at least till you are at least have it controlled. you could kill someone and yourself. be careful and find a lot to learn in....and if you want after that hti the streets if you want. jsut rememebr theres a time and place for everything.

that type of shit makes stunters look horrible.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can walk them at BP almost indefinitely, its not like I am just learning, losing control is an extremely rare occurance. I ride hard and tankslappers happen when you push a bike to its limit, even to the pros.

Also my bikes are mostly stock and street legal too, no deflated tires and huge sprockets. Wheelies (high speed), stoppies and rolling burnouts are the extent of my "stunt" skills, so I dont really consider myself a stunter.

·
Registered
854 Posts
actualy tank slappers happen when you set down the front tire with the handlebars turned...so you really should learn to straighten the bars before the wheel touches down...for your own safety

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i know how tanksslappers occur, like I said its a rare occurance. They also happen under hard acceleration even when the wheel never leaves the ground or barely comes up, especially on shitty roads. Dampners help but not completely.

·
Registered
668 Posts
umm....yeah...

Yuo do know there are guys doing combo cirlces on stock gears and close to stock (-1 tops)?? look up Scott Chychul...Oh yeah... and hes doing like 1000ft stand up no handers...stock gears. Thats on idle...so you dont need big gears to stunt.

also...alot of guys dont "deflate" there tires. theres plenty of air in them, well i run about 25psi depending on the surface.

Im very very glad you dont consider yourself a stunter.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never said I was, I can walk a wheelie for a mile +, going slow in circles really dont appeal to me.

·
Registered
284 Posts
usually saying circles dont appeal to me means youcant do them..thatswaht i said befoeri learned them now i love them..buti rock all kinda wheelies on the streets ion traffic....from sitdowns to highchairs, u name it its done...and try to ride NYC...theres a chore...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by scrapintail636
usually saying circles dont appeal to me means youcant do them
i was about to type the same thing!!!

i wheelie in traffic every now and then but i try to save it for the lot just so i dont get any more tickets. sounds like you need to practice a little more stop riding squiddy high speed power wheelies and learn some throttle control to ride a balanced wheelie.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ride wheelies in traffic but mostly just to show off otherwise me adn the guys i ride wiht take it out to an old abandoned road and walk the wheelies for miles

·
Registered
249 Posts
anyone who states that they have full control but made a squid move like you did obviously doesn't have brake and or throttle control. I've never tank slapped ever coming off a wheelie and in that madder if you or some jackass were to run in front of my mom or my sister driving down the road i would prob kick your ass. I've seen this happen twice this week in daytona 1 time a idiot picked up a power wheelie in daytona and killed a innocent bystander because hes acting like a retard. now hes going to spend about 10 years in jail, Honestly highway shit is awesome i've been there and done that. Now im a professional i keep it to the lot just did 2 days worth of shows with about 2,000 people watching then gave autographs sold dvd's the whole 9. the deal is we show off and get the recognition in full gear and have fun in the lot. your out showing off to 1 or 2 people putting yourself and others at risk think about it and get some skills.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i like wheelieing next to a hot chick in a car and blowin her a kiss usually want me to pull over and talk got me laid more then once but still dangerous lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
buddy i've never seen a girl see a guy do a wheelie on the streets just pull over drop her skirt and say nice wheelie wanna fuck. The whole reason why most people start stunt riding is because of girls. then you end up broke, 40 relationships later, a broken body, and a ugly bike. keep thinking thats going to get you a piece of ass

·
Registered
276 Posts
yeah thats some BS cause all my girlfriends have HATED it when i do wheelies. plus like tony said your bike will be ugly and you will most likly have road rash scars, i know i do.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i didnt start stunting b.c. of beotchs. i started because i liked it and i wanted to be good at it. Riding bikes is the only thing thats ever come naturally. Ive rode since i was 7.

i started stuning in about may and check the avatar for progress. Im working on SS Os right now nad htere killing me. i high sided twice and landed on my bike both times with a pro taper bar end going into the same area, twice. I guess i bruised the ribs. i couldnt imagine breaking any. even then...i dont think i would stop stunting.

·
Registered
249 Posts
yeah vetter your killin it for sure. I broke 10 ribs and trust me it BLOWS!!!! but im back to riding 50 shows booked this year! holler

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.