Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinkig of doing a very sick road trip...from montreal to monterrey mexico...do you guys have any suggestions? my 6r is a 2004 with 3000km....i mean other than the oil changes, should i do any anticipated check ups (valves) before leaving...i do anticipate doing the oil changes on the way and stuff....should i do anything else?>??

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
women will make you do some sick shit....and i've always wanted to go to texas, so might as well extend it....such a long trip must feel like the most libverating thing in the world...
and i will change the tires as well

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
if you do it let me know im in dallas. we can meet up and ride for a while. lol.

·
Registered
802 Posts
that's a pretty crazy ride to pull off on an 04 6r. i could see on a true touring bike, but not on such a hard-edge bike like yours. you should probably soften your suspension and get a more comfortable seat. Soft foam grips wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
abnout 7-8 hours....big max...my back is pretty solid, i go to the gym so i hope ill be ok....

btw....its not true the 6r is so hard...i have read alota mags (bri-ish)that say that touring on the R6 can be a dream....and these guys ride through the alps...
but you are right, i will be devoid of a back by the time i arrive

·
Registered
31 Posts
Go for it! [:M88] Hopefully you hit nice weather. Give us a ride report letting us know how it went when you complete the trek. Ride safe!

·
Powerhungry
37,956 Posts
Originally posted by FLOJOE
Canada to Mexico, thats all? No problem, there is only one country in between. Go for it!!
hahaha yeh its ONLY 1 country. damn dont be a pus. hahaha actually, ive been thinking of a ride to vegas. not quite as far but still quite a ride. love to know how you feel. let us know. when are u planning to go?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Well if you were in Europe only crossing one country wouldn't be such a big deal considering that Texas is bigger then most countries out there lol :p

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey urymoto, cool idea. You should see if you can schedule waypoints at various kawiforum members' hoods on the way down so they can meet up and ride a little of it with you. Breaks it up and makes for a cool KawiForums event. Let me know when you're around Dallas/Fort Worth, and I'll ride a little of the way with you, or hell maybe all the way to monterey. Just try and time it for a weekend! :D

·
Registered
759 Posts
Piece of cake. It's only 2300 miles and change. Probably a fun week of riding (one way). I've found that doing multiple 400-500 mile days of twisty two lane are no biggie on my 2005 6R. Avoid interstates (unless you really need to make time) and use two lane state highways in the boonies. Lots more interesting riding and you can still make decent time. The interstate will suck your soul out of you. Stop every two hours to gas up, pee, stretch and stay hydrated. Under Armor underwear with padded bicycle shorts seems to help a lot.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think if you planned the trip right you could hit some sick roads and some flats where you could really make some time. Anyone make some type of cruise control, I could go anywhere with cruise...If no one makes it get some vise grips :D

Also, if you wanna duck into Cincinnati Ohio I can offer you a free place to shack up...

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
You know your body's limit. That's all I have to say.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.