Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like you said....race when its nice and warm!;) the tires being cold could of been dangerous since you said it was pretty cold out. glad it didnt get away from you.

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
So my friend brought out his car instead of his bike today (2000 R6). He's running close to 600 HP on the Stealth so at the end of the night he wanted to race. It was cold, I had to warm my bike up because I hadn't touched it in 3-4hrs and it was freezing.

Anyway, we raced for a little bit on the way home. My tires were cold and I gave the 636 like never before. Before I knew it the front handle bar started wobbling like crazy and I let go of the gas and it felt like it came down (maybe it was sort of doing a wheelie?). Anyway, I lost by a hair. I will race when the tires are nice and warm.

Any suggestions?

A computer is only as smart as the person sitting infront of it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not only is the cold a damper when it comes to your tires, but I know if I am riding in the cold, I don't have the reaction time that I do when it is warm. He is sitting in a heated vehicle plenty warm, while you are sitting on a bike with no protection from the cold. I would challenge him on any warm day and reclaim victory! At least you did the safe thing and lived to tell about it!

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.