Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up an 08 6r. The kid took a spill on it and parents said its got to go. He had it all of six months and even has the extended good times warranty. It has a some busted plastics and the normal from going down. My question is could the crash void the warranty?

·
Registered
503 Posts
No. I had a low speed (cold tires) spill and have had warranty work done on it. They will obviously not fix something that they can attribute to the crash. Of course if you fix it up, how will they ever know it was ever down?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is what I was thinking. I know they won't fix anything that has to do with the crash but if I have any problems with the motor it should be covered.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The good times warranty will transfer to the next owner.
When you say good times warranty, is that the actual Kawasaki warranty? I'm planning on getting a extended warranty and I have the small tear off piece to send it for the Kawasaki GTPP (good times protection plan) . If it is the Kawasaki warranty, is it worth the purchase? I know that might sound like a stupid question but maybe some people might have some mixed reviews.

·
Registered
427 Posts
It doesn't seem like the right question-your question should be ...
"What should I tell my parents to convince them to let me keep my bike"
that is if I got your initial post correct.-
if that's the case-let them know that everyone goes down at some point, be glad that it was sooner than later-while you're still learning

1 - 7 of 7 Posts