Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard alot about the 03 6R but nothing of the new 6RR
just wanted to know stats on it before I try to obtain one for myself.

"If your not lent over you might as well be bent over!"

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Dont buy an RR unless you need it to race in a 600 class series...

the 6RR is slower then the 6R, as it's only 599cc instead of 636.

The 6R is by far the best choice for the street riders/track days.
Only bad thing is down in the US they cant get the 6R in green... stupid US Kawi marketers I'd say..

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a 6RR and I would prefer it to a 636 even if I were not going to race it. I like having a real 600 and I like the exclusivity. I also like the slipper clutch, the adjustable swingarm pivot, and the steering damper mount on the frame.

Scott

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I was going to say...

Not many people will have the 6RR on the street though, so you will be a little more "unique" if you get one...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have 2 comming ,1 is in and going to pick-up on fri. hope the other
is here soon. I will take an RR any day, so when I woop-up on other 600's they can't use the bigger motor thing. Akrapovic full adds 14.9 hp watch out 636's

·
Registered
207 Posts
"Akrapovic full adds 14.9 hp watch out 636's"

wouldn't it add that much to the 636 since it's pretty much the same bike...hmm. so watch out 6RR's...

--- '03 zx6r

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
LOL...

not slippery, SLIPPER...

...it eliminates the effects of "engine braking", sort of emulating a two-stroke motorcycle when you're downshifting approaching a turn. You know how on a four-stroke motorcycle when you roll off the throttle with the clutch out the bike slows, and on track can actually chatter and give choppy feedback under braking when downshifting hard? The slipper clutch helps eliminate that. Outside of the Aprilia high-end sportbikes, the new 6RR is the first production motorcycle to use it. Wow, huh? Kawasaki rules.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry, the Suzuki TL1000S, released in late 1997, had a slipper clutch. So did the TL1000R...

The 6RR is the first inline four with a slipper clutch and certainly the first 600 with a slipper clutch.

But Suzuki beat Kawasaki to the punch by over 5 years....

Scott

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
"But Suzuki beat Kawasaki to the punch by over 5 years...."

ok so who wants to beat his ass?

;)

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
seeing this information make me kida want to lean towards the 6RR. Mabey I will wait a year before I decide to get one and let the researchers at Kawasaki R&D work out all the bugs first then mabey kawai will have a newer look and different paint schems.

"If your not lent over you might as well be bent over!"

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Winders, you are right, I was misled with that...

The TL's had a type of back-torque limiting clutch setup... probably more important on the twin too... my bad...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I should get my new 6RR on Saturday. Can't wait!!!:D

Weather is crappy in Michigan so the modifications will start before I get a chance to ride it on the street.

Garry Hayes
Team Hayes Racing
2003 ZX6-RR
2002 R1 Supersport racer
2003 TTR125L pit bitch

·
Registered
537 Posts
I was helping a friend get his 250, took a while etc. Anyhow I was checking out the new bikes. Dealer that sold us 250 said I can come back some time and he will let me take 6RR out for a test drive. Still not sure if I want to do it (and then deal with his "buy it now" BS) but it's tempting. IOU review if I do take the test drive.

ZX6R-J1 2000

·
Registered
76 Posts
Only reason to pick one up would be for racing or for "poser value". The slipper clutch and adjustable swingarm pivot won't be of much use on the steet. So that leaves you with a bike that has less torque and HP and costs more.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you are worried about HP buy a liter bike. For me I was looking for a 600, not a 636,750, or a 1000.
Jack

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.