Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these and like them? I have the Frank Thomas Sabre street gloves, but I hate them. I feel out of control because they are so loose but they are smalls.

I want to go to cycle gear this weekend to see if they are any tighter on me because I have like no "touch" senses with my Sabres, there is just too much in between my hands and the controls. I know the cuff's on the sabres are safer and stuff, but what good is a glove if it causes a wreck instead of protecting you in one?

Also, does anyone know about returning gloves and such to cyclegear? I know you return a used helmet, but is it the same for apparel?

Any advice on small, tight gloves is also greatly appreciated

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have A* SP1 gloves. They have great feel for the controls and I don't even notice I'm wearing them when riding. They have the gauntlet for protection too.

Mine are xl though, cant comment on the sizing of a small.

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
ive got the icon super duty. i love em. they keep me pretty warm in the colder weather too.
my mediumds were very tight new. but are perfect now that theyre broke in.
i HAD the cheapy bottom line icon($35) i dont remember the model name. very light weight tho.
these superduty are heavy leather, with a thick pad for the back of your hand. very nice.

·
Registered
718 Posts
A friend has the pursuit gloves, and i've worn them a few times. They fit great, and offer a lot of feel. Personally, I like long gloves, and feel much better about the crash protection of my A* GP Pros. I don't know about their return policy on gloves though, sorry.

·
Registered
547 Posts
all my gloves are Icon. 2 prs of TiMax shorts and 2 prs of Hooligans. I love them, enough feel for me and quick breakin time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the Icon pursuit glove also have alpinestars sp-1, love the fit of the icons where them more often than the alpinestars. would highly reccomend I have had them for 2 yrs. and hardly any wear.

·
Registered
509 Posts
i have a pair of mediums, love them. had them a year now and they been holding up great. real good feel of the controls.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,423 Posts
The pursuit gloves are weird. They're very well ventilated in hot weather, but they stay surprisingly warm in cold weather, too. They fit a little small, but they're supposed to. If you have the right size, they wear like a second skin. You can do anything with them on that you can do with them off. Great stuff, just don't get them wet. I've trashed two pairs of them because they hold up especially poorly in the rain...they get stiff, and reek like four week old daipers. But as long as they don't get wet, they're great.

·
Registered
470 Posts
maybe you can use that water proofing/cleaning spray they have at sneaker stores, such as foot locker or foot action. I use it on all of my leather sneakers and water just beads off :) good stuff. cleans them well too.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by trig
thanks drag, that's exactly as I hoped for. If they get wet, is there a way to wash them, or dry clean them? I don't want to spend $50 bucks everytime I get stuck in the rain...
You can take them to a leather dry cleaner and they can fix them right up...shouldn't be more than $10 or so. I wear Dainese MotoX gloves now...same shape as the Pursuit gloves (short cuff, same general dimensions)...they don't fit as tight, but the fit and finish is better...so they're not second-skin tight, but still just as dexterous, and the leather is soft as hell, very thick, great quality, all that...but they're $90/per, instead of $40 +/-...the pursuit gloves are great.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i have them, they work fine for me. they fit very good, hug nicely around the entire hand. Have never got them wet and will try no to after the talk of them getting wet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
its hard plastic, but it feels great. you could punch a wall and not feel it in the knuckle area. they are molded just right.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I agree with Tjwyatt, I have the same ones (Got them last year) and they fit excellent from the start! Screw all that break-in business. I also have a part of JR gauntlet gloves, I forget the model they have hard black plastic on the knuckles and a pair of A* SMX gloves. The Icon Pursuit fit the best and I tried on damn near every glove cycle gear, chaparral-racing and every other store's gloves I could get my hands on. I can't say the same for the rest of Icon's glvoes though, not enough feel in them.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys are getting me excited...hopefully they come today! When I pull my bike in the garage, I do it gloveless and it feels so great. I can feel everything and it takes no thinking and re-thinking to find the controls, it's just so natural. This is what I hope comes out of these gloves.

P.S. - Eye Candy [^]

·
Registered
509 Posts
hmmm those gloves aren't at all the same as mine, yet mine say pursuit on the tag inside the glove. oh well.. icon gloves still good IMO.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.