Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy and install lojack on my bike after hearing about other bikes being stolen. How much did you pay and where did you get it installed?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know of one dealership here in Boston that installs them and they told me that Boston (MA) and Florida were the only two states where dealers were authorized to install them currently. He basically said that Lojack is "testing the market" and if they sell, then other dealers around the country will start installing them. He's probably full of crap.

Price is like $750 installed...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Im in So Cal, and i had the dealer install it b4 i even brought her home for the first time. I think it was around 5 soething i can't remember anymore. That guy is absolutly full of crap.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey "Salgonza" how much did you pay and does it work anywhere in the USA???

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have guidepoint which is similar to lojack but you can track your bikes speed and direction online with all the same features as lojack. like if someone moves your bike the company will call you and immediately call the police.

all that for 500

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey "treyholla", can you give me the info on your guidepoint system (phone # or web site), thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Originally posted by treyh0lla
like if someone moves your bike the company will call you and immediately call the police.
How would they know it's not you moving it? Do you have to call them and tell them it's being stored/not used for X amount of time? That's a pretty cool feature though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Lojack sold here in Baltimore, only in last couple of months though.
Personally I think you have to lock it up and insure it for theft. That is what I do.
Just locking it up (without theft insurance) made me an insomniac. Every noise I heard I was running to the window.

Impressive that you found it. You should light a candle for Saint Anthony, the patron saint of finding lost things.
/Raised catholic...

·
Registered
76 Posts
guidepoint.com check it out if the bike moves without your consent meaning that if its not on they will call you and ask if you are the one moving your bike or notify you that your bike is being moved its a trip you have to read it on the website

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the infor "treyholla" and how much did you pay???

·
Registered
505 Posts
hahahaha sgtcarrot thats exactly what i do cause we had a dirtbike stolen right out of our garage about 3 years ago now and it was in broad day light to while we were home and the sucker ran in there and took the bike and was gone. Now every sound i hear i run to the window and look but im planning on getting lojack as well. Where i am its 500 but im not sure how much it is to install

·
Registered
204 Posts
how long does it take for the cops to respond? Certain people steal bikes and have them stripped down and parted out in no time. Can you go vigilante and go whoop someones butt? do they give you the coordinates?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.