Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the subject says, does anyone use them? I saw them on parts 411 for ~$100 and I think a little more height sure would be comfortable.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have heli bars on my 98 and i love them!!!!!!! there only 1.5 up and 1in back but it makes a hell of a diffrents. They still look good on the bike and all cables work the same as they did.:D there the greastest thing since the thong!!!!!

Barry

·
Registered
605 Posts
When I last checked, no one made them specifically for the 2003.

You could probably use generic risers with a 50mm? clamp. You may need longer clutch and brake lines, and you may have to relocate the brake reservoir to clear the upper fairing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the parts411 site says they have them for the 98-03, which I figured was a typo, but who knows? They do have some listed for the 2003 specifically, but they have a price of just under $10000 according to their site. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was looking at buying these http://www.convertibars.com from convertibars. Cost $300, but sure would make my back and wrist feel better. Has anyone tried these?

UPDATE:
The Convertibars do not work properly. I purchased these thinking that I could easly get an inch(max height w/ stock brake lines) out of them. Ran into many problems, controls touch fairing limiting the turn. Bottom of bars scrape the black plastic covering the radiator. The design causes the handlebars to move outward making it very uncomfortable. Stock brake lines do not work well with this product. The increased height makes the bike feel uncomfortable in sharp turns. Maybe a good product for a different bike, but not the Zx636. Ive replaced back my original bars and have gotten used to them. Ive adjusted the clutch lever downard, relieving the pain I was getting in my wrist.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by neninja
why buy a full on hardcore sports bike and then turn it into a tourer?[:p]

maybe you should get a bmw?;)
LMAO...I was thinking the same thing. And don't forget the full windscreen![:p]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow, they sell side cars too?:D Gilles tooling seems to make a very nice one, but it runs close to $500. Also check Two Brothers racing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by neninja
why buy a full on hardcore sports bike and then turn it into a tourer?[:p]

Cause when you have to ride more than a few miles in straight line with all your weight on your wrists, it sucks.

You need a hardcore sports bike to cruise in a straight line, like you need a the space shuttle to go to the Circle K. I bought it for the twisties, but you gotta ride for awhile to get there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cause when you have to ride more than a few miles in straight line with all your weight on your wrists, it sucks.

You need a hardcore sports bike to cruise in a straight line, like you need a the space shuttle to go to the Circle K. I bought it for the twisties, but you gotta ride for awhile to get there.
I will have to second this[:M22]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.