Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tightened my chain a while back and I believe I'm right in spec with what the manual says it should be. After I did, I can hear a little whine along with the engine noise. I only hear it under power...release the throttle and it goes away. I think the bike made that noise from mile 1, but I never paid it much attention. I also have a Suzuki, and all I hear from it is engine noise, no chain, gear noise. Can anyone else hear the gears, tranny, and chain of their Kawasaki. BTW, mine is an '06 ZX-6R.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Make sure you check the slack on your chain WHEN you are sitting on it. Chains whine when too tight and will stretch a little over time (altho I've noticed very little with the 636 compared to my previous bike....so little I haven't adjusted it a bit since I got it).

Only time my bike whines is when I'm wringing the poor thing for all it's worth.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,866 Posts
My bike sort of sounds like she's whining when the throttle bodies are all the way open. The intake noise through the BMC race filter has this slight harmonic whistling that comes along with the throaty grunt and it changes pitch according to the RPM and throttle opening. It's really faint, but man it makes my hair stand up...I love it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
yea ive notice the whine, and i also hear a ticking noise sometimes, and ive heard it since day 2 :D yea i dont pay attention to the noises unless it makes my bike ride shat.

·
Banned
495 Posts
i hear a ticking noise also.......like when i start it up cold, and when i start it up after sitting for like 20 mins.....it ticks for like 2 mins then goes away................same thing for u?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I notice the ticking noise almost everyday. I'm pretty sure it's the cam lobes hitting the rockers. My RSX did the same thing when I installed cams and upgraded the valvetrain. If it gets loud though, try checking the valve lash.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know if I am at a stop I will hear it whine, but all you have to do is pop open the gas cap. It might be because the fuel is getting low I am not sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.