Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 07 zzr600 it was lowered a ton. Can't ride a passenger and have scraped rear fender on several occasions so want to raise it up. Previous owner put the bolts through the dog bones from the right and then installed a full exhaust system. Need to cut bolts out and install new ones from left. Ordered a set on ebay because stock ones cost $14 a piece! When I got them found they are hollow. The ones on my bike are solid, but don't know if they are stock. Seams like a pretty stressful area for a hollow bolt, but they are definitely a specialty one as they can't be over tightened (supposedly off a stock zzr). Are these hollow ones stock? Second question is stock position of forks at the very top; if not how much showing? Lastly stock height of the rear end off the ground maybe at the top of the plastics directly behind the seat. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes bolts. They are attached from the right and that is the problem. Would have to take exhaust off to remove. Easier to cut bolts off and attach from left.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm not really seeing the difference. Either way you will need a wrench on both sides. One on the bolt head and one on the nut. I would just take off the exhaust. If you were to remove the bolts with out cutting, and they turned out to not be hollow, I wouldn't be replacing them with hollow ones. :surprise:

What were you going to do to raise the suspension?
Possibly you will need new shock and/or dog bones?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The po put adjustable dog bones on it to lower it, however I don't know if he replaced the bolts as well. The ones on it are solid, however the Ebay seller said the hollow ones he sent me are OEM. Bottom line is can someone tell me if their OEM bolts on this bike are solid or hollow. No way I'm taking off exhaust, way easier to cut off and add new bolts. Any answers for where forks are on stock set up?
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not the definitive angle there, but they appear to be hollow. Correct? Off a stock ZZR? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can anyone confirm that these style hollow bolts were in fact OEM on a zzr or zx6r. The ones I bought off ebay look just like the pic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts