Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i have my old headlight harness taken out and ready and I took bought the headlight harness and turn signal harness all in one for the 2000. Ok So i want to use it so i could have both the headlights and middle light working. So Is there anything that i really need to worry about or do to be able to work? I see that the old one has 5 pins and the new one has 6 pins. So do i need to swap and do anything?

I was planning on cutting the new harness at the end and the connector to the old one and splicing them together so it would plug in to the original on the bike. Could i do that? Anyone did this before? Please let me know thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help Bro! Its talking about the gauge swap and im looking for the headlight swap. But thanks for the help i appreciate!

·
Registered
748 Posts
hey rex...whatup!!!
just bought an 03 zx9r this week from coral springs... ZZR (chris) from spflasportbikes led me to it.

anyway, if the 00-01 is the same as the 02-03 the extra pin is probably the red wire for the 'city' light. and it connects into the red wire for the tail lights. so basically when you turn the ignition switch *on* you should have tail lights and the city light illuminated.

Red = city light
Black/yellow = ground
white/red = hi beam
white yellow = low beam
gray = frt right turn signal
green = frt left turn signal

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are the Man Bro. Glad to see you moved up to a 9. Hows it going? Hows that job working? When u coming over this area again? Thanks Again Bro!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.