Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was in front of my house on Saturday hosting a party, and decided to get the bike out of the garage and do a few stunts for my buddies. So, I did some wheelies, endos, supermans, and a burnout. I was sitting right in front of my driveway doing a burnout, for no more than like 3 seconds when a cop pulled up and gave me a ticket right in front of my own house. Can you believe that shit? Well, I am going to court tomorrow to try to get out of it. I guess I will see. I am hoping that there is a friendly judge on the bench that will give me a break. What do you guys (and girls) think?

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
321 Posts
I had a situation years ago, when I came upon a car stopped right in the middle of the lane, and there was no stop sign or traffic light. It was a backroad, and a no passing zone. I figured that the no passing zone only counted when cars were actually moving. I carefully went around her, and a few seconds later I'm getting a ticket for passing in a no passing zone. I asked the cop why he didn't pull her over also, and find out what she is doing parked in the road. I fought it in court, and the cop lied about the car being stopped. The judge said that the officer's story would be the more credable story, so I lost:(

AL

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well, the verdict is in. I was found guilty of racing on the streets, even though I wasn't moving anywhere. Same old shit, different day. The fine was 117 dollars, but I told the judge that this was my first offence and he said that I could make a donation to DARE for double the amount, and that would keep my driving record clean. I decided that was a better option, versus having a racing charge against my insurance and points on my liscense. 234 fucking dollars for doing a burnout in front of my house! What bullshit!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I'll remember to do the burnouts in my garage from now on I guess. That's some really messed up shit.

At least your insurance is still in tact. ;)

A computer is only as smart as the person sitting infront of it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am in New Mexico. The ticket was for racing on the street, but how is that racing? That isn't even a moving violation. I don't understand it, but next time, I won't stick around to accept the ticket. I think I will either do it in my driveway, or go somewhere, so I can get away real quick. Maybe not the smartest thing to do in the world, but the town is small and the only way the cops make money is to issue stupid tickets. It is called revenue my man! Same ol' shit, different day. The cops were out like crazy today here. They had at least three speed traps set up in town. There are only 30000 people in this town to begin with, so that's the breaks. I only have about 6 weeks left, and I am heading for Vegas!

·
Registered
720 Posts
How much did your insurance go up by? I always thought a racing ticket would be much more expensive.

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

·
Registered
316 Posts
That is why I decided to pay double the amount of the ticket, and make a donation to DARE instead of having that show on my record. It is like buying another chance from having insurance hikes and points on your license. I figure that it wouldn't do any justice for my insurance since I told them that I don't race the bike. That was one of the questions that they asked me when I bought the bike. Oh well. Such is life.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sounds like BS to me. Should have been a reckless driving ticket that you could have fought and changed to careless driving. Never heard of a burnout being "street racing" when you're not moving.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I agree with Iowa... that's BS and should have been a reckless op or disturbing the peace or something unless he seen you doing stunts earlier then.... I would find that cop and do a big burnout in front of his house at night. If they think that's racing try riding with a group avg. 100mph! with bursts to well as fast as I could go. Yea, after about 30 mins of that my buddies and I decided to turn around and go our own way.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well... one has to love Portugal!! Racing in the streets? What a hell is that? Here, if you are going fast and you get caught in a radar, you get a ticket. If you are doing something like that, the police may ask your papers to see if everything is alright, or to f*ck you if something is wrong, and then tell you to stop it. And that's it!

Go to court?! In about 8 to 10 years (no bullshit) it _might_ get to the judge... If not, after 10 years it's overdue and the case is closed.

Land of freedom, US? Yeah, right...

Wilder than the wildest dreams!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Exhibition of speed, in a manner not reasonable or proper, you could've been tagged with any number of offences. You don't actually have to be moving to get a "moving" violation. Moving just means anything that isn't equipment related.

-gary
'02 6R

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.